“Yummu yummy and special”
Review of Mantarays

Mantarays
Ranked #6 of 26 Restaurants in Exmouth
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 16, 2014

From the cocktails before dinner all the way through to the breakfast the following morning this restaurant ALWAYS delivered - beautiful location and yummy food. Sometimes busy in the morning but if you weren't in a rush you're guaranteed lovely food and friendly service :-)

Reviewed August 13, 2014

You wouldn't call Mantaray, in the Novotel Ningaloo Resort, "fine dining" because the indoor and especially alfresco nature of the dining experience makes it too laid back and relaxed to require starched linen and a rarefied atmosphere. It overlooks the broad expanse of the large swimming pool and the Indian sea by the adjoining beach.The prices, on the other hand, would certainly match that description, but in this (relatively isolated) part of the world you have to expect a premium to be placed on the food you wish to consume. The garlic Cobb loaf, at $14.00, was large enough easily to satisfy four adult appetites; the prawn cocktail ($24.00) and the smoked salmon salad nicoise (also $24.00) were both pronounced "superb". My 250g Lyndon Station eye fillet ($42.00) was a little too well done for something ordered "medium-well", but the accompanying greens (broccolini and beans) couldn't be faulted. Next time I'll try the Coq au vin in a red wine, mushroom and lardon sauce ($38.00). The real surprise, however, was in the wines. We eschewed the non-house wines in favour of the house white which, at $24.00, was as delicious as it was surprisingly reasonable. I'm afraid that, after the Cobb, I couldn't make dessert ($17.00). The service was friendly and competent, and the décor made for a relaxed and enjoyable meal in a quality open kitchen-style setting.

Reviewed August 11, 2014

Very good food not a great deal of choice quite expensive for what you get very nice to sit outside but not worth what you pay

1  Thank Maureen W
Reviewed August 9, 2014

There for lunch. Very disappointing in term of service for the price. First we waited 40 minutes. We saw my wife's salad sit under the heat lights for 10 minutes. I complained and was told my chicken dish was taking longer that first thought(??). I suggested the salad be served now and mine later. They said a new salad would be done (not). They came out 10 minutes later and the salad was only tossed. Both meals had a great taste. No complaints. As an apology we both received a small glass of port, without actuality asking if we drink port??? That was left on the table - what a waste. We spoke to the reception desk on the way out who dismissed us quickly in favour of a new check in.. We have been here many times over the last few years and were so disappointed would we not come back. Do they care? They have our money and would not expect a return trip..

Reviewed July 28, 2014

it was just disappointing when compared to other hotel restaurants I have eaten in - I realise that there are limitations in the northwest but the experience just had no sizzle.entrees.. Bruschetta was great, prawn cocktail - average, Pork belly was average but no crackle and the plate was bland. Son had burger which was fine. Staff were very busy - it felt like there were not enough rostered on - but they did their best