“Awesome!!!!!!!”

Ningaloo Reef Whale Shark Snorkeling Adventure from Exmouth
Ranked #3 of 37 Tours in Exmouth
More attraction details
Owner description: Whale Shark Snorkeling Tours
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Wheelchair access
Reviewed August 3, 2013

I went snorkeling with skipper bill and his team, they were simply amazing, so friendly and out going. They kept feeding us all day, lunch mourning tea, tea and coffee you name it! The experience in the water was out of this world, to swim with whale sharks, manta rays, turtles reef sharks and a hump back even came over to say hello, not to mention the hundreds of whales you see while on the boat. The crews knowledge of the ocean and marine life is also great and helpful.
The boat is very clean and wide( plenty of room) and all the gear is clean and well looked after.
Thanks for such an awesome day guys! See you again next season. Syd.

1  Thank SVDall

Reviewed July 29, 2013

The highlight of our holiday. The staff were very friendly and professional and had answers to all our questions. Alicia and Kat were extremely helpful with all the tourists and great fun. Enough food and drinks were provided during the course of the day. Would have no hesitation in recommending Kings.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

This tour was amazing, the best day of my trip!! The guides were fatastic and they have such a passion/enthusiasm for their job it really shows! When we first got into the water I really paniced and didn't think I would be able to do the snorkel. Alicia one of the guides took me to one side and really helped me, she showed me breathing excersies etc and stayed with me until I was confident, without her help I would have been sat back on the boat!! All the staff were amazing thoughout the day and the lunch they provided was excellent!! As for swimming with the whale sharks, it was AMAZING, we also got to swim with Manta Rays and saw humpback whales and turtles from the boat! The pictures/DVD from the day was also amazing! an absolutely brilliant day and worth every penny, a must do :)

Reviewed July 23, 2013

The most enjoyable and thrilling day ever to experience, a must for anyone who loves or wants to love marine life. The staff and crew are both informative and fun. Will definatly be doing it again. Got to swim with the BIG 3 ( 7 whale sharks, humbacks and mantarays and turtles) What a BUZZ

Reviewed July 15, 2013

We went on 2 tours: first with Kings and then with Ningaloo Whaleshark Swim who could fit us in at short notice when we decided to go again because we had had such a great time on the first tour!

Overall the 2 companies were both fantastic and while they do things slightly differently and have different boat set ups they both did everything they could to provide a great experience for their passengers and succeeded. I imagine the same goes for most of the whale shark tour operators. At the end of the day you are very much at the will of the weather, sea sickness and animal sightings, and these will largely determine how much you enjoy your tour. If it’s wet, cold or windy (check the weather forecast at the visitor info centre), take warm clothes, a beanie, a couple of towels and sea sickness tablets (take them before you get on the boat: they are a preventative, not a cure!).

Both boats were a bit cumbersome to get back into after being in the water and older passengers struggled a bit, but in both cases the crew were very helpful. Also, and this has been said before on this site, be prepared to swim fast to get to and keep up with the whale sharks! We are reasonably strong swimmers but I think others struggled a bit to keep up.

Pickup was at the hotel - At the time agreed. The crew were great and very helpful, friendly and professional, offering lots of information on what was going to happen on the tour.

The boat skipper was able to position pretty close and the whale sharks helped us by not changing directions too much and swimming slowly.

Boat was very spacious and well set up.

Food was great - I also requested a gluten free meal and they happily helped me out.

We were very lucky with the weather - was a calm sunny day - and we were really lucky with the wildlife: we were told it was one of the best weeks yet: Saw 4 whale sharks, turtles, reef sharks, 1 manta ray, humpback whales, dolphins and loads of fish.

After lunch we stopped in a quiet sheltered spot and went for a lazy snorkel around the reef.

Since you are in and out of the water often, you may want to store your towel and clothes in a plastic bag as your gear will be under your seat and you will drip on them.

We also purchased the DVD even though we had our own underwater cameras – the DVD is well worth picking up as a reminder of the day. Leith was our photographer and he was fantastic. He has TV experience, knows what he’s doing, and where to position himself to get the best shots and footage.

2  Thank ryangillan