“Brilliant experience, thanks”

Ningaloo Reef Whale Shark Snorkeling Adventure from Exmouth
Ranked #2 of 34 Tours in Exmouth
More attraction details
Owner description: Whale Shark Snorkeling Tours
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Activities for older children
Gold Coast Australia
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 70 helpful votes
“Brilliant experience, thanks”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

Read about a dozen reviews and you will be convinced. Having the video/photo option to buy means you can look back again at what you did. The girls are really great and know what they are doing. This is not something for people who are not swimmers or who have no snorkel experience but they do their absolute best to help everyone have the best possible day and were very patient with older swimmers. One of the girls took me right by the shark at one point, with no one else on that side. It was incredible. The food is better than expected with lots of fruits and salads. Totally amazing Australian experience.

Visited May 2013

Perth, Australia
“We got MORE than we ever hoped for! Kings you're Awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

What a life experience for our family! The team at Kings were amazingly professional, knowledgable and fun - and always safety conscious. The boat was awesome and the biggest out there - with so much room, great gear and everything was thought through to the finest detail so that we could have the most amazing day. The result - after we swam with the whalesharks last Sunday, our 10 and 12 year olds still have the sparkle in their eyes and a grin to match - and thanks to Krystal we have the photos to prove it!! Thanks to Captain Bill, Jamie, Kat, Krystal and Jono.

Adelaide, Australia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Good Luck and a Mostly Great Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

Enthusiastic crew (although they have somewhat cheapened the currency of the word "AWESOME", as in: "So, you're from Switzerland..... AWESOME") well organised and a very knowledgeable captain who could spot a Dugong or Tiger Shark at 200 metres when it was 10 metres under water, a comfortable boat, and a very talented and fit photographer.
However, my partner, who had only edver snorkelled in a shltered lagoon while lying on a rubber ring, was left behind by the pack in the open ocean with a swell that was high enough to obscure her view of the boat when she was in the troughs. She got frightened, and although only away from the group for a brief period of time, this unnerved her and she took no further part in the experience. She had originally entered as an observer but with the option (after a practice snorkel) to upgrade to take part with the Whale Sharks. However, the Whale Sharks appeared quickly on this trip and the early snorkel was cancelled so she was thrown in the deep end- quite literally. She was able to keep up with the first Whale shark (with a likttle help from me dragging her along) and thought that experience alone was well worth the extra money. But with a person so inexperienced I feel a closer watch should have been kept on her. So this did put a bit of a blot an an otherwise excellent experience. But then we were lucky too, we had more Whale Sharks than we could use (there is a time quota) and we saw breaching hump backs, Dugongs and Tiger Sharks, so it was well worth the money. The photography was good, but my partner pulling out early meant that she was not included in any of the professionally produced video or still scenes in the water (there were some pictures of her aboard, olf course). These are the people to go with if you are familiar with snorkelling or diving, but if you lack experience, make sure you advise them and specifically ask that they keep you safe. I just hope this hasn't put my partner off ocean swimming for good.

Sydney, New South Wales
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Amazing experience great crew”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

Wow, the day we spent with Kings is up there with one of the most amazing days of my life. You are in safe, knowledgeable and friendly hands with Kings! From when we were collected the learning began. Alicia, our guide, knows everything there is to know about whale sharks and gave us the low-down as we made our way to the boat.

The weather was questionable in the morning and we were warned that we may have to call it a day depending on which way the weather went as the spotter planes can't fly in the clouds. Fortunately, everything turned out okay and the weather cleared up and we even had a sunny avo.

Throughout the day we were kept fed: cheese, crackers, sweet buns and bread for morning tea, cold chicken and five different salads with bread for lunch and chips in between! Along with all the tea and coffee and juice you can drink.

We saw 6 whale sharks in total. We were in and out of that water so many times that I'm sure we got our monies worth three times over! There was also a snorkel at the start (to test the gear) and one at the end as a last hoorah to the reef. On the last one I saw a turtle and a huge (1.5m) stingray! So I was very happy with that!

We bought the DVD and photos that Krystal took on the day and are happy to have done so. They are of very high quality and will serve a permanent reminder of a great day out - especially if you don't have your own underwater camera!

If you have the chance, do a whale shark swim, even better - do it with kings! I will never forget the peaceful serenity of swimming alongside such a magnificent and beautiful creature.

Thanks also to Johnny our spotter for spotting so many sharks and to Bill, our skipper, for doing the 20 km race to find a better spot where we saw most of the sharks!

Visited May 2013
Perth, Australia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“The Bestest Day Ever!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

I decided to treat my husband on his 40th birthday to a swim with the whale sharks in Exmouth. This was the best present I could have ever given him (with me tagging along)..... The staff, the boat and the whale sharks made a perfect day. We were a bit hesitant as the weather was unusually dark but from the moment we were picked up on the bus from our accommodation, the girls were just so enthusiastic, it put us both at ease. We were lucky enough to see manta rays and the beautiful whale sharks, so awesome. Lunch was a fantastic feast and the crew even organised a cake for my husband. I would recommend this company to everyone and I will be back to do it all again with Kings.

1 Thank MrsWood22