“Great Experience for Dive License!!! A+++!!!”
Review of Ningaloo Reef Dreaming - CLOSED

Ningaloo Reef Dreaming
More attraction details
Owner description: Ningaloo Dreaming is under new management - same great tours, same great team, new owner-manager, all committed to doing things wonderfully well so you have an awesome day out on the water.Ningaloo Dreaming is all about whaleshark tours, and diving and snorkel trips, that are wonder-full, fun and safe. Our aim is simple – we want you to rave about us to friends, family and fellow travellers because you’ve had one of the best days of your life out on the water with us.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Great Experience for Dive License!!! A+++!!!”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I chose Ningaloo Reef Dreaming to do my open water dive license while we were on vacation in Western Australia. I chose them because they were very responsive on e-mail and I liked the SSI system of learning that they teach versus PADI. Helpfully, they allowed me to complete all of my book training online -- I just took the test when I arrived in Exmouth. They even found a couple of others who would take the class with me. About a week out, while we were driving up from Perth, I recieved a message that the others had had to drop out of the class. However, Ningaloo Reef Dreaming decided to allow me to continue my course in a class of one. They honestly did not have to do this and I actually had not even paid up front. But they did agree because they are nice, very respectful people.

I was taught by Martin, who is an excellent dive instructor with a great demeanor. Because I was in a class by myself, they arranged for me to do two of my five dives during an Eco Cruise, which was also a fantastic experience. While the others were snorkeling the fantastic ningaloo reef, I was doing my dives. On the way back in, even though it was September, the captain and his eagle eye spotted a juvenile whale shark, so we were able to do a "bonus" swim alongside of a whale shark -- clearly one of the highlights of my two months travels.

I got my dive license and had a great time doing it. Instead of a first dive in a swimming pool, we went off a boat near the tantabiddi pier, which was a great way to learn -- nice to see some blue damsels right off the bat. The equipment was top notch and I felt I learned enough to be comfortable diving the GBR adn in Tahiti, even though the equipment I used there was not as good as the Ningaloo Reef Dreaming equipment. Their boat was also really great, well up to the task.

In sum, this was a fantastic experience. I felt well taken care of and enjoyed every minute of my dive licensing course. I cannot recommend Ningaloo Reef Dreaming enough. If you have any other questions, please feel free to send me a question on TripAdvisor.

Visited September 2012

Perth, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“New Management, New Positive Review”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

From the moment the bus picked my sister and I up from Potshot Resort, I was already impressed and confident that I had made the right decision in choosing Reef Dreaming/Ningaloo Whaleshark Swim. The bus was covered in their iconic indigenous design, and the two staff members were enthusiastic and knowledgeable.

After arriving at the boat ramp we went across to the main vessel and got fitted with snorkels and fins, all of which clean and in good condition. Then we were briefed on all of the procedures and regulations regarding our contact with the whalesharks. As the crew had spotted many jellyfish the day before, they gave us the option of using a wetsuit which was embraced by all, these were also clean and in good condition. We then all got in the water for our practice snorkel. A couple of children still got stung but the staff were amazing with them, telling jokes and giving them a soft toy to play with to help with the pain.

Within 5 minutes of the spotter plane being sent out we got our first whaleshark! From then on we got to spend the full hour with 2 more whale sharks and even a manta ray! The expertise and skill of the company was demonstrated as many other companies still hadn't nabbed a shark and we were on our third!

Throughout the day the staff seemed to have an endless supply of energy and enthusiasm which really made the day memorable. There was some great music cranking, delicious food and drink provided and the whole day whilst tiring, was a great success. The indigenous and conservation information provided after the swim was a great added bonus, allowing passengers to really feel involved and informed.

The only criticism is in regards to the photos, whilst Reef Dreaming/Ningaloo Whaleshark Swim advertises free photos included in the price (as opposed to other companies charging an additional $60) the quality of the photos were a bit of a disappointment. Our photographer (who was a trainee at the time) was not in the water enough with both groups so our photos of the day missed a lot of people. It was impossible to distinguish from the photos who was who which was a real shame. Perhaps it would have been good to have an experienced photographer in the water as well as the trainee.

Apart from this the day was absolutely perfect and I highly recommend this company to make your dream of swimming with the gentle giants come true!

Melbourne, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Best tour we have ever done”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

We have done many tours around the world, but the experience we had on this tour was equal if not the best of any we have done. We have 3 kids, 10, 7 and 5 yo and they all were able to swim with the whalesharks. They were blown away. But it was not just the "blow me away" experience of seeing these massive and gentle creatures up close, but the whole day. Snorkelling on the Ningaloo reef, a delicious lunch, hanging out with the very friendly and enthusiastic staff, and doing back flips off the boat into turquoise waters. Everything was great. And then to come back to the friendly staff of the shop and see and download (for free) all the photos taken of the day. WOW
We highly recommend.

Cambewarra, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Ningaloo whaleshark swim (ningaloo dreaming)”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

We were picked up by two very enthusiastic young girls who made everyone feel welcome and positive. Nothing was too much for the whole crew and they constantly asked how you were going and watched out for you. Even though the crew were all young they showed their enthusiasm and professionalism throughout the day. The rules and regulations of snorkelling, scuba diving and swimming with whale sharks were clearly stated and adhered to by all the crew. They were serious and careful about their jobs but also passionate and environmentally aware on land and in the sea. We had a wonderful adventure with this company and would recommend them to all who come to Exmouth to see whale sharks, dugongs, turtles and manta rays.

1 Thank Melanie B
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Terrible - Our trip was ruined!”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Like other reviews on this site our trip to Exmouth was ruined by Ningaloo Reef Dreaming.

I had looked on tripadvisor before booking and seen that they had been given some really bad feedback but it said they were under new management and I thought that it would be good book through them and be able to start them off with new positive comments.... massive error!

We too booked and paid in full months before our trip. A couple of days before arriving in Ningaloo I was called by a staff member and asked to change the date of our dive. I informed them that unforunately we were only in Ningaloo for one full day so would have to stick with our booked time slot.

We arrived in Ningaloo the day before our scheduled trip and went to find the office to confirm our pick-up for the morning but found it closed with no out of hours number available.
There was nothing to do but to head there in the morning and wait to be collected as our confirmation documents stated.

We got there early and waited, and waiting, and waited... noone arrived. I went back to our hotel and asked at reception if they had a number we could call - they didnt, but really kindly got in their car and drove to the pier to see if they could find out what was going on.

When they came back they told us that all the boats had gone out for the day and they didnt know why we hadnt been picked up.

All we could then do was wait for the office to open to find out why we had been forgotten.

At 9.30 (after 3 hours of waiting!) someone arrived to open up - seeing us sitting on the steps (me in tears and my partner fuming) she stepped past us without a word and walked into the shop.

When we followed her in and asked why we hadnt been picked up for our booked trip her response was 'how would I know, ive just got here' followed by 'oh yes, we cancelled todays trip, we tried to call you'...

One thing to note with Ningaloo is that there is no Vodafone signal (at all)- which unfortunately is the network I was on.
The company had apparently tired calling me the night before to book us onto a different tour but getting no answer just cancelled our booking.
Its well known in the area that there is no Vodafone signal, so I find it incredible that a tour operator doesnt have a back up mode of communication or let people know this in advance so they can confirm the best way to contact people in an emergency!

The girl we dealt with was, the most unhelpful person I have ever come across. She was in no bothered that we had travelled all the way from Sydney just to be on this trip, offered no apology and blamed us for only being in Ningaloo for one day!

We were given a refund for trip but nothing to cover our flights or accomodation.

It was a completely ruined experience and unfortunately probably the only chance we'll ever have at ever swimming with the whale sharks.

If we were ever to go back we certainly wouldnt go near Nigaloo Reef dreaming - there are plenty of other operators who have nothing but great praise.

From recent reviews, nothing seems to have changed since our experience. Just dont take the chance on these shoddy cowboys!

Visited July 2012