“Delicate beautiful pasta and great service!”
Review of Assisi Cafe Ristorante - CLOSED

Assisi Cafe Ristorante
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Using the freshest produce resulting in delectable pizza, pasta, steak and seafood dishes. Assisi Cafe Ristorante provides a warm and welcoming atmosphere for anyone who loves homestyle Italian cuisine making it a relaxing options for families, couples and friends alike. Assisi Restaurant Pizzeria is fully licenced you can choose from a wide variety of white and red wine, beers, spirits and liqueurs to enjoy with or without a meal.
Reviewed April 20, 2014

We had a beaut meal in the restaurant, terrific service, staff took time to help with local attractions and their advice was super! The pasta was delicious very delicate and we'll cooked, a simple fish dish on the specials was truly special and just the right size. We recommended this restaurant to our friends who we're travelling in the same area at the time and they also loved it.

Reviewed April 19, 2014

We ended up here as we couldn't get into the Pour House (well, it was too busy) and didn't like the menu at Occys (plus it was freezing cold outside). We've eaten here before and it was pretty good. This time the menu seemed a lot smaller. I had the Bruschetta which didn't even have a hint of Basil in it - quite disappointing really - and served on Turkish bread rather than thick Italian broad toasted/chargrilled. Hubby had Antipasta - very ho-hum ordinary. To follow I had Gnocchi which was very tasty but quite small in size and served on a flat plate which was difficult to scoop up the sauce. Hubby had a mains of Calamari - very basic, just calamari and chips and a sad bit of lettuce. Didn't look much different from the Entrée of the same.

Yes, it was very busy but I was a bit irritated when 2 tables who both arrived after us, got served before us. Picky I know but that's me. The deserts were written on a mirror which was difficult to read and I didn't see any price attached to it either.

Reviewed April 8, 2014

To be honest we only visited the Assisi Restaurant, located in Dunsborough (Margaret River region), on a Tuesday night because there was virtually nothing else was opened. From now on we will visit every time!

Dunsborough is a lovely small town, or village, and its a perfect location for exploring the wonderful beaches and sampling the great food and wine of the area. Assisi Restaurant is a great example of how an Italian family can set-up a small restaurant that can offer top quality Italian food in the heart of Western Australia's stunning Margaret River region.

Michelle and her husband (from Southern Italy) took over Assisi eight years ago. They employ Italian waiters (we were served by Nicole who looked after us 'perfectly) and Italian chef's; most of who are here on a temporary work visa. That' s our good luck.

On this night, the four of us shared risotto balls and calamari as a shared entree. Delicious. The squid was superb, as was the risotto balls.

The main courses were greeted with similar joy. My pappardelle pasta with duck ragu sauce was one of the nicest meals I have eaten since I was last in Italy three years ago. The other meals-fish, duck, and gnocchi (that my friend raved about)-were all presented using fresh ingredients and were warmly received.

You can bring your own wine or buy it there.

This is a small family restaurant, so if you visit in the middle of the crazy summer holiday season it will be a little noisy and you may have to wait a while. Be patient because this is not "instant" food; being prepared with care and quality ingredients.

Assisi, like most restaurants, works hard to keep good staff. So far, so good. Michelle keeps a good eye on the workings of the restaurant which is a good indicator that this is a professionally run facility. It is.

For good Italian food, happy and efficient service, Assisi is a real find.

Highly recommended.

Reviewed March 13, 2014

Last night I took my elderly Mother and two daughters (aged 9 & 10) to this restaurant. My Mother and I ordered the soup which was a cauliflower/potato/parsley with toasted bread. My two daughters ordered the children meals which was spaghetti bolognaise, and chicken schnitzel We waited for at least 25 minutes for the meals, the children's meals were delivered first. The spaghetti bolognaise was cold, the chicken schnitzel was hard as wood, a normal butter knife could not cut through it. I complained and they took the spaghetti bolognaise back and returned with a warmer version that was not very nice as my daughter put it. The chicken schnitzel they took back and returned with exactly the same, my daughter in tears disappointed she could not have a decent dinner. The staff seemed annoyed rather than sympathetic. My Mother and I quickly ate our soup which was quite average, the toasted bread they gave my Mother was so charred that she could not eat it, she asked for another piece but was told she would have to pay for another piece. However a few moments later they returned with a piece of bread that they offered on the house!
When asking for the bill they deleted the Chicken Schnitzel that is normally $11 - I thank them for that. We payed $35.00 for two simple soups and 1 child's meal. A total waste of time, we will never return to this restaurant. Never!

Reviewed January 23, 2014

This restaurant had great food, brilliant customer service and a lovely atmosphere.
I would recommend it to anyone visiting dunsborough looking for a delicious Italian meal.