“Ajar was an exceptional lunch”
Review of Ajar Restaurant

Ajar Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 38 Restaurants in Denmark
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Ajar is located in Estate 807’s winery. It seats 50 people. It’s licensed, with picturesque views.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Ajar was an exceptional lunch, Starting with the complimentary olives which were devine. My partner had scallops which were cooked to perfection, whilst I enjoyed tempura zucchini flowers. The mains of pork belly and beef cheek were very delicious and memorable. However the chocolate mousse cake is something I am still dreaming about
Thank you to all staff for a creating such a beautiful culinary experience

Date of visit: January 2020
ajar807, Owner at Ajar Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for your review it is very much appreciated

Write a reviewReviews (103)

Reviewed January 16, 2020

A great choice of local food, I think the prices are very fair. The cuisine is the most delicious I have ever had! Great service, I love how the chef came out and had a chat with us. Everyone is extremely helpful and the atmosphere is fantastic.

Date of visit: January 2020
ajar807, Owner at Ajar Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Thank you for your review I’m glad you enjoyed your experience

Reviewed January 8, 2020 via mobile

Cannot fault this restaurant. Chef Grant was amazing, from the superb meals to going out of his way to prepare a special dessert for my partner’s birthday. Everything was simply divine. This place is the bomb.
The scallops were to die for, beef cheeks and pork belly were soooo tasty. So tender, beautiful flavours. Just go to this place. You will not be disappointed. Wines were delightful also. I can’t rate this highly enough. Thanks so much Grant and your team. Just a wonderful experience. We’ll be back for sure, not soon enough.

Date of visit: January 2020
ajar807, Owner at Ajar Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2020

Thank you Paul, it was our pleasure helping you celebrate your partner’s birthday.

Reviewed January 2, 2020

Decided to go for lunch while down in the area and have no regrets. The service was good, chardonnay was delicious and the food was amazing! Left so full and satisfied. Would definitely recommend the beef cheeks!

Date of visit: January 2020
ajar807, Owner at Ajar Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2020

Thank you for your review, I’m glad you enjoyed your experience with us.

Reviewed December 31, 2019 via mobile

It was our wedding anniversary today and we wanted to go somewhere nice. Ajar was recommended to us by friends. What an awesome meal!!! My wife and I were accompanied by her mum& dad and two girlfriends.
For starters I had the pan seared scallops which were soooooo tender on their mushy pea bed. My wife had the goat's cheese tart which she said was delightful. The girls had the zucchini flowers in tempura batter which they enjoyed thoroughly, with it's lightness it was a winner. Sorry, no photos. We were too busy eating!
Mum, dad and Jane chose the slow roasted beef cheeks on mash. It was the first time dad had tried them and he is a convert now. So tender!
Sally had the home-made fettucine marinara which was very good and so filling.
Fiona and I had the pork belly. It was one of the best meals we've had in a very long time. The crackle removed, cut into thin strips and placed on top was a great touch. The meat was really well cooked.
Four of us had creme brulė for dessert and dad had the home-made ice cream. All were terrific!
Our meal was matched wonderfully with the Estate 807 sauvingnon blanc.
Thanks to Grant and all the wonderful staff for making our special day that bit more so.

Date of visit: December 2019
ajar807, Owner at Ajar Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2020

I’m glad we were able to make your special day even more special. Thank you for your lovely review