“Utter disgrace”
Review of The Toffee Factory

The Toffee Factory
Ranked #2 of 6 Dessert in Denmark
Description: Located on a picturesque rural property in William bay, the factory is a place where visitors are welcome to stay a while. Everything is made on site & you may even be able to watch the little elves hard at work through the viewing windows. There are lots of samples to tempt you & the products are available in varying quantities & styles of packaging, designed either to take home as the perfect gift or to eat now - if you cant wait!! You are welcome to stay & enjoy The lovely surroundings, maybe even have a cider in the garden, stay for lunch or enjoy one of Australias bigge4st 7 best cones.
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I am a proud Denmark resident who believes in respect and pleasant communication. I called into the toffee factory in July 2013 and approached the counter to find a surely looking woman who clearly has zero understanding of what pleasant communication and customer service is and to say she was rude is an understatement, I immediately turned around and left without buying anything.
There is no excuse for bad manners and I suggest everyone else who suffers the disrespect that this person is famous for (going from the feedback) also leave.
On behalf of Denmark I apologise for this individuals negative attitude. Denmark is renowned for its tranquility, friendliness and quality of service that its businesses provide. People talk with respect to each other and the shameful disrespect shown by this individual is not typical of what you can expect when visiting Denmark.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

I love toffee. We went to try it out. Upon getting out of the car. I noticed the pig in the garden area.
We have a small friendly dog, we take everywhere. So my husband quite respectfuly went into the shop to check if it was ok to bring the dog with us. The woman was very rude and very abrupt. No no no no you cant bring the dog in here....she shouted. My husband just walked out.
This women needs to learn some good old fashioned manners. They cost nothing.
The Toffee Resturant has certainly lost our business, plus any friends or family we show this lovely area to.
I must say this is the only unfriendly person we have come across since moving to the area.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

We stopped there after we saw the sign and were greeted by a very nice woman behind the counter. After looking at the dozens of flavours they have we tried a few things and settled on 5 three-packs of toffee and a cherry icecream. The ice cream was huge and very delicious.
We liked that you could try absolutely everything, and if it hadn't been June but November we would've definitely sat down outside and stayed for a while. The toffee was very nice, but the pieces are very small and therefore quite pricey (they are about 1/2 the height of the pack).

If you are looking for a factory-tour type thing you will get disappointed though as all they have is a window that you can look through into the room in which nobody was when we were there.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Was surprise to see some family "pets" roaming around the drive-way. The toffee is interesting, we brought 3 packs of toffee and they are a tad too sweet for my tooth.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Having read previous reviews, we went here a bit apprehensively, prepared to just buy some toffee and run, if necessary. That was far from the case. We arrived shortly after opening time and there were only two other people in the shop, so we had a nice, cheerful welcome and were then left in peace to browse - and there is plenty to browse! The shop stocks jams and preserves as well as toffee, ice cream, coffee and cider, and everything is available for tasting except the ice cream and coffee. Later the shop became busy, but the service from the two ladies was still attentive and pleasant. It's not cheap, but I haven't come across chilli peanut brittle anywhere else, so I would always stop here now even if that's all they sold! (And the cider is beyond compare.)