“FANTASTIC FOOD IN A BEAUTIFUL SETTING”

Pepper & Salt Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 39 Restaurants in Denmark
Cuisines: Seafood, Australian, Fusion
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: It's been a full circle for Silas and Angela, who in 2007, along with their children, Marley and Levi (Lumeah was born in 2008), packed up their life in Victoria and headed to Denmark where Silas had been offered the position as head chef at Forest Hill Vineyard. With his passion for locally sourced produce combined with his love of spices, Silas' dishes became a big hit. Fast track to 2010 and Pepper & Salt Restaurant was born! Silas' creativity with herbs and spices produced an outstanding menu that showcased his Fijian-Indian heritage, and with Angela and the team's friendly and attentive service, Pepper & Salt Restaurant became a favourite amongst locals and tourists alike. In 2013, Silas and Angela welcomed the opportunity to relocate their restaurant from Rockcliffe Winery to Forest Hill Vineyard where they continue to develop creative dishes paired with excellent service.
Reviewed February 27, 2014

As a Denmark local, I have been coming to Pepper & Salt since it first opened and it is without doubt the best restaurant in the region. The food is consistently great, the service excellent and its setting at Forest Hill Winery is delightful. Silas's prawns are my favourite and nothing is too much trouble for him and Angela. They are both very hospitable and he visits every table throughout the meal for a quick chat with diners, even bringing the meal himself to the table at times! We always bring our visitors here and the menu is based around local produce. So head here if you really want to enjoy the best dining experience in Denmark.

There are newer reviews for Pepper & Salt Restaurant

Reviewed February 24, 2014

We visited Pepper & Salt for lunch with friends with great expectations. Three of us ordered the crab linguine for a starter which was a big disappointment. It tasted like a laksa linguine (if there is such a thing) and if there was any crab in it, it was hard to spot. My steak was ok and nothing to write home about and the hand cut chips and asparagus looked a little sad on the side. Wine was good and the service was friendly and professional. Perhaps it was me, or just a bad day, but if there was a rating of "Good" between "Average" & "Very Good" they would get it. Could not argue that the experience was average, but nor was it very good, so they have just scraped a 4/5.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

I recently visited Pepper and Salt with some visitors from overseas.
Everything about our visitors far exceeded our expectations
The view and ambience was excellent
The service by all of the employees was above all expectations
Because our visitors from China were interested in local produce and menu items Silas took time out from his kitchen to help us with our menu choices
When our meals arrived we were just blown away by the quality of all items
And to top up an excellent meal the price was very good

Reviewed February 15, 2014

I went there with my husband and some family members to celebrate his birthday. Our first impression was that the location is absolutely jaw-droppingly lovely - overlooking the vines and the tingle trees in the distance. My husband had been suffering from a stomach bug and the staff were really accommodating and super friendly. They suggested something light for him and were patient and kind. They were also very helpful when discussing wine options. Great service, and the food also turned out to be delicious. The menu was imaginative and varied. I had trouble choosing because there were several options that jumped off the page at me and sounded fantastic. I remember my husband's beetroot starter as a really stand-out dish, and I had a delicious steak. The desserts were also yummy. During our meal the chef came to chat to us a few times and that was a really nice added touch. The staff as a whole were very friendly yet thoroughly professional and I left the place 100% satisfied and feeling the love. We plan to return to Denmark for a family wedding in Denmark and we will definitely book a meal at this lovely restaurant. Well done and keep up the good work!

Reviewed February 13, 2014

Four of us walked in without a reservation whilst holidaying in Denmark. We were made to feel so very welcome. The food was exquisite, the best food ever eaten in a restaurant and all four of us were blown away with the food and service. Excellent restaurant will definitely be returning when next in Denmark.