“Excellent, ticks all the boxes for a great stay”

Tradewinds Seafront Apartments
Ranked #4 of 10 Specialty Lodging in Denham
Perth, Australia
“Excellent, ticks all the boxes for a great stay”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Fay and Trevor couldn't have been more welcoming and warm. After being very dissapointed with Shark Bay Cottages we moved into the Tradwinds Seafront Apartments. We loved the place from the first moment, it was clean, comfortable and plenty of space for the four of us in a two bed cottage, with spacious kitchen dining, comfortable beds, large bathroom laundry combined, seperate toilet, back door access to car and front verandah with recliner looking out across to the water was just heaven. Just across the road from the beach and adjacent to the bakery and supermarket the perfect spot for a lovely stay.

Room Tip: Any room is good, the front ones would have more of a view of the ocean.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Olwyn T

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Perth, Australia
Reviewed July 15, 2012

This was my third time in Denham, but first time staying in town. We chose Tradewinds for its location and price. I have read that parking is "interesting" I agree school holidays and having a boat trailer made it tight but I never had a problem. everyone in town just goes with the flow and I suggest you do aswell. Hopefully in the future the IGA next door may move and that will open things up.
Trevor and Fay were very helpful and even though I let the team down with my Snapper fishing we still got a feed from the bay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank yachty78
Australia
Reviewed May 27, 2012

Have stayed at the tradewinds many times over the last 15+ years. Place is well located close to the "centre" of town if there is such a thing in Denham. There are many newer places on the fringe of Denham but I chose to go back to the Tradewinds because of it central location.

There are about 10 apartments in the complex, ours was a 2 bedroom 1 bathroom place complete with all the appliances you would require for a long stay. We stayed 3 nights but would have stayed longer if we had the time. We paid $145.00 which I think was the 1 bedroom unit price upgrade to a 2 bedroom unit.

Room Tip: Visit Denham in April or May it is absolutely idilic. Outside of these months it can be a little win...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank PGMAustralia
Reviewed January 7, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights with our two young kids. Good quality accomm with 3 beds (bunk and single) in one room and a queen in the other I think. Big main room and bathroom. Right on the seafront across the road. Owners were very helpful. Car parking was interesting. When we got there someone was parked at our back door so we parked in another area. A local then boxed our car in so we couldn't get out when we wanted to! They said they would move it later on when they felt like it! We ended up doing a 100 point turn to get our car out. The room itself was great value and excellent for young families or older ones. Next to biggest supermarket in Denham and on the main strip. Excellent playground nearby and cafe, hotel, restaurant, visitor centre. Overall very good.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Warren H
Geraldton, Western Australia, Australia
Reviewed December 28, 2011

Quite disappointed considering the price for over $200 a night I would have expected something a bit more spacious and but nicer, good for single people and windsurfers but definitely only worth $100 if that per night. Very much like a donger but neat and clean.

Room Tip: Good for singles only
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Elise F
Katherine, Australia
Reviewed October 27, 2010

After a 961km drive south from Karratha, I was happy to arrive to the Tradewinds Seafront Apartments in Denham where I was greeted by Trevor & Fay, the helpful, friendly & happy managers. I was shown to my room (#4), a clean, comfortable & quiet unit. There were two bedrooms (one with QS bed & the other with a single & set of bunks), air conditioners & ceiling fans throughout, a communal room (with fully equipped kitchen, 6-setting dining table, large wall mounted TV & lounge), separate toilet to the bathroom/laundry room (with no washing machine – its located separately in room next to reception). With the front & rear door access, I was able to park car right on the back door step – perfect for moving luggage. My only gripe was shower head which was fixed & unmovable. I also found there were not enough power points in dining area to satisfy a computer user (lucky I had bought my extension cord & power board with me). Rooms are arranged in two rows of 5-units with a lovely crushed shell-sand garden between the rows with lounge chairs. If it gets hot, it’s less than a one minute walk across the road to the perfect beach.
The reception office doubles with a small quaint souvenir shop, overlooking the main street of town, Knight Terrace & the foreshore. Next door is a fuel stop & small supermarket. I found the Caltex service station further down the road is cheaper. A short walk along Knight Terrace (safe to do so alone at night) is other accommodation & cafes – I can recommend the Sunset Maru Maru cafe (offering internet $5/30 mins before 5pm) & the Azure bistro cafe (great fish & chips).Whilst in town, I had full Next G mobile reception – but am unsure of digital mobile phone reception.
WORTHWHILE TOURIST STOPS:
= the Monkey Mia Reserve, which I would recommend a visit to & see the dolphins (daily between 8am & 12noon) but would not recommend staying at the Resort as it 24km from the township of Denham & there are no services at Monkey Mia. It is $8/adult entry to the reserve. There are also swimming areas/snorkelling sites & walking trails.
= Located between Monkey Mia & Denham is Little Lagoon, worth a stop at & walk around. On Knight Terrace is the Shark Bay World Heritage Discovery & Visitor Centre - $17 entry for hours of information.
= Shark Bay Ocean Park Aquarium was a great experience. The $17 entry gets you a guided informative tour to see & learn about many of the underwater critters from the area with a shark feeding finale.
= On the road into Denham from the North-West Coastal Highway (World Heritage Drive), stop at Hamelin Pool to see the stromatolites, Eagle Bluff & Shell Beach.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
6 Thank aussie_shark_girl
Fremantle, Australia
Reviewed August 28, 2010

Stayed here for a night on a trip through Western Australia. The place is basic, but was very clean and comfortable, and an excellent location on the main strip on the beach. Great for families or groups.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Pavlich
Also consider these accommodations in or near Denham
RAC Monkey Mia Dolphin Resort
On the Deck at Shark Bay
Wildsights Beach Units
Wildsights Beach Units
#7 of 10 in Denham

Been to Tradewinds Seafront Apartments? Share your experiences!