“Marianne and Karina”
Review of Shark Bay Hotel

Shark Bay Hotel
Ranked #3 of 4 Denham B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Like many previous reviews we had a 2 day Scoopon pre-purchased and I must say it was excellent value. Room was basic but clean and totally adequate considering you don't go to Shark Bay to stay in a hotel room! Seafood platter was great, staff incl. Deb helpful and so nice. Location great. What more to say, an enjoyable experience!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
SharkBayHotel, Manager at Shark Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Hi Marianne and Karina,

Thank you for the kind words, I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that you return one day as there is so much to do and see in the Shark Bay area.

Regards

Ben

Reviewed March 17, 2013

We were fortunate enough to purchase a Scoopon for 3 days accommodation, a bottle of wine and a seafood platter. The room was clean and quite large. It was in the newer wing of 4 or so units. The older units were a bit smaller. It is not 5 star luxury but for what it is I am giving it 5 stars.

The staff were really friendly and helpful, as were Ben and Krystle, the owner/managers. The seafood platter was fantastic. Really large, plenty enough for both of us, with heaps of scallops, squid, oysters and whiting, with nice chips and a big side salad. The bottle of wine could be selected from almost any of their range.

All in all I would recommend a stay here.

Another tip, make sure you get to Monkey Mia before 7.45am to see the dolphins otherwise you may miss out.

Room Tip: Room 14 and those in that wing are the best rooms.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Hi Splendidwren

Thank you for your kind words! Whenever we receive this type of feedback it makes us realise we are doing what we are supposed to be doing and that is providing our guests with friendly service, tasty meals and cold beverages!

I am really pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and took advantage of the Scoopon promotion. I hope to see you here again some day.

Cheers

Ben

Reviewed February 2, 2013

We had a really great stay for three nights at the Shark Bay Hotel.Arrived on Sunday and took advantage of 3 day scoopon . Our room was basic,clean and very quiet. The deal included the seafood platter and a bottle of wine which you could choose from their list. The platter was truly exceptional. Ours consisted of large helpings of scallops, oysters, crayfish tails, whiting, and prawns, all of which had been prepared with first class sauces. The total cost of this if purchased outside of the deal was 130 dollars. The scoopon only cost about 170 dollars. Very friendly staff and a homely atmosphere. Just a couple of tips. You can take the platter on any of the nights you stay. It is worth checlkng with the Hotel to see if they are doing any other specials. For example the night we arrived they were doing a steak evening, with all steaks at half price. Also the restaurant is closed on Mondays. The area is of outstanding natural beauty but it is fly season and some may think it worthwhile having a head net especially if you are going for exrtended walks. Would go back tomorrow and .

Room Tip: Try to get room furthest away from the bar area. People will sit outside and talk which some may fin...
1  Thank 767ian
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I purchased a 2 night Scoopon voucher for my boyfriend and I, which also came with a seafood platter and a bottle of wine. We stayed over the Aust Day long weekend. The service and location was FANTASTIC and the seafood platter oh my god...AMAZING and MASSIVE. Before ordering the seafood platter I asked if it would be enough for a main meal for us to share and I was told it most defiantly would be...make sure you are hungry because it is massive and cooked to perfection. The BEST seafood platter we have ever had. We even got to choose the type of wine we wanted. We also ate there the second night and both had surf and turf and that too was fantastic. The staff are sooo friendly and soo helpful. My boyfriend was driving from Carnarvon and I flew into Shark Bay, so I was going to be waiting for him to arrive, so they offered to pick me up from the airport! Deb was there waiting for me and as we drove from the airport she was pointing things out and telling me stuff to do, showed me the town. She was also working behind the bar the 2 nights we were there - she is sooo lovely and helpful. The rooms are basic (you have to remember this is an old town and therefore old pub/hotel), but they are clean, the beds are comfortable and the aircon is fantastic. You don't go to Shark Bay to sit in your room, so for sleeping in they are perfect. Hotel is directly across the road from the beach. There is nothing to fault about this place and I would highly recommend staying here.

Thank you to the Shark Bay Hotel staff who made our long weekend fantastic =)

Room Tip: Book your room early if you want a double bed room.
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Did a 3 night scoopon and it was great value for money. The seafood platter was amazing and I'm not a big fish eater but Ian nearly missed out, it was delicious. Rooms are older but none the less were very clean and had everything we needed (a fridge for the beer). Staff were very polite and friendly. Friday night was busy as all the locals popped in for a drink or 10. Not much to see around there but the Lagoon and Monkey Mia are a stones throw away. Reality is it's not a 5 star hotel but a great place to go for a chilled few days. Definetly will return if you do another scoopon deal. Thanks again Sarah and Ian :-))))

Reviewed January 7, 2013

I bought a one night Scoopon and it was by far the best deal I ever bought. We arrived slightly tired from the 10 hour drive from Perth but were confronted with friendly, efficient staff upon our arrival. We quickly checked into our room and then feasted on the amazing seafood platter. We both agreed that the seafood platter was by far the freshest and best seafood we both had ever had. We really did not expect much from a pub/hotel such as this but were pleasantly surprised and will surely return again! The rooms are a little outdated but they are planning to revamp some aspects in the near future so I look forward to seeing the changes unfold. Having said that the beds were very comfortable and the room. Would have loved to have stayed another night but ran out of time on our vacation. Thanks again for the great hospitality!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 20, 2012

I bought the 3-night Scoopon stay here and loved it so much I added two more. It came with a seafood platter, which I expected it to include a couple of deep-fried prawns with chips. Nope. A fresh assortment of Shark Bay's finest ocean catches - grilled whiting, oysters Kilpatrick, bug, prawn skewers and scallops. Rooms are basic, but with the natural wonders of Shark Bay's World Heritage listed region just a short drive away, the last place you want to be is your hotel room. The staff are wonderful, and the locals all have a story or two to tell, usually about a fishing adventure.

• Stayed: December 2012
SharkBayHotel, Manager at Shark Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2012

Hi Costa,

Thank you for the kind words, it was really nice to meet you both.

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay here and got to meet some of the locals and of course enjoy our highly recommended Seafood Platter.

All the best for 2013!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Denham
RAC Monkey Mia Dolphin Resort
Wildsights Villas
#4 of 4 in Denham
On the Deck at Shark Bay
Tradewinds Seafront Apartments

Been to Shark Bay Hotel? Share your experiences!