“Lunch with a view”

Augusta Hotel Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 15 Restaurants in Augusta
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed August 26, 2017

If you like to eat shark this is the place for you! We chose a steak sandwich! The food was simple but tasty and the young staff friendly. The young man offered us some tips on where to fish. The view over the water was great and this would be a lovely spot in the warmer weather to sit outside outside for a long Sunday lunch with friends.

Reviewed August 16, 2017

Went to the hotel after not being overly happy with previous meals and was pleasantly surprised. The meals we had were huge, tasty and very enjoyable. I had the roast which was too large for me but as it was so tasty tried to squeeze in as much as possible. My husband had the chicken parmi, a ridiculously large size. I couldn't believe it when he finished it and he said it was delicious. Looking forward to our next meal there to try something different.

1  Thank lynno54
Reviewed August 13, 2017

This place used to be pretty average but then they got some professionals in to help them and since then they have lifted their game and it is getting better. Keep it up!

Reviewed August 8, 2017 via mobile

Went back to the pub restaurant as had heard there was now a good chef there and the food had improved. It was a busy night but the kitchen seemed to cope well. We ordered a cheesy garlic bread to start which was 2 pieces of Turkish bread with plenty of cheese and garlic and was quite filling but my husband ate 3 halves so no problem. Main course took a little longer but it was ok as we were watching Collingwood thrash the other team on the big screen. We ordered a special which was penne pasta with bacon and napoli sauce with bacon whuch if it had chilli would have been called Matriciana but it didn't it was ok but maybe should have just had a little chilli to brighten up the flavour just a tad. Otherwise very filling and ended up taking home a doggy bag with the other half in. My husband had the beef and mushroom pie which looked fabulous on another table. He also orders a side of chips as well as the veggies and mash. The chips came at the same time as my main meal but 10 minutes before his pie which was a bit disappointing as I had to start my main as it would have gone cold otherwise. It eventually came but the veggies were very disappointing the mash was flavorless and the 3 pea pods and one minuscle piece of broccoli was extremely disappointing as the veggies looked so fresh. But the pie was great. Overall well worth coming back. And we love the fire and lounges beside the fire a wonderful spot to sit and watch the AFL.

Reviewed August 8, 2017 via mobile

What a brilliant view we had when we called in for lunch the meals were excellent and probably too big a helping but we managed to finish ! Reasonable choice of meals on offer and well worth a lunch time visit

1  Thank Rory S