“Great pies ”
Review of DeckChair Cafe

DeckChair Cafe
Ranked #2 of 15 Restaurants in Augusta
Reviewed October 9, 2017 via mobile

After a good walk around the lighthouse, have to stop here for a great coffee, beautiful homemade soup & PIES!
Free wifi too to help plan your next adventure.
Staff were very friendly & helpful.
Interesting kitchen items for sale too

Tracey W, Owner at DeckChair Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2017

Hello Outbacksheila

We appreciate you taking the time to review our cafe & hoping you enjoyed your Downsouth visit !

Thanks again

Tracey

Reviewed September 24, 2017 via mobile

Really awesome customer service here! A few easy-to-veganise vegetarian options on the menu, and we had some vegan caramelised onion toasties that bought us back the next morning for more oh and great coffee!

Tracey W, Owner at DeckChair Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2017

Thankyou for your great review! We are happy to cater for our customer dietary needs and glad that you enjoyed the vegan toasted turkish breads ( might have to try one for myself one day! )
Hoping you enjoyed your Denmark visit & maybe see you in the cafe again very soon !
Thanks again Tracey

Reviewed September 20, 2017 via mobile

We recently called in for a coffee and snack. The cafe was not busy at that time, and we ordered and paid for coffees and what looked like delicious homemade sausage rolls.
Other couples arrived and then a bus load of people arrived and the cafe was in chaos.
Some considerable time later ( and I had grown a beard) the coffees arrived and 5 minutes later the sausage rolls arrived at the table.
The quality of the food was good but the service?? Dear me!!!!

1  Thank kreez
Tracey W, Owner at DeckChair Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2017

Hi Kreez

Thanks for taking the time to review Deckchair Cafe. I do remember your visit and I just need to clarify a few points. Initally you ordered 2 coffees & then 5 minutes later you decided to order the sausage rolls. We apologise for you having to wait a little longer than normal however at the same time a bus of 30 customers came in for lunch so YES the cafe did become a little chaotic ! Being a small tourist town sometimes we just cant predict what will happen with unexpected visits but we always try our best to satisfy everyone. Looks like on this occasion we didn't meet your expectations so again we are sorry! On a brighter note we hope that you had a lovely remaining day in our beautiful town. Kind Regards Tracey

Reviewed August 24, 2017 via mobile

Took my family of four here for brekkie. Very friendly staff and a quaint little cafe. Got two kid Bacon & Eggs and two adult Bacon & Eggs and the cost was over $65. Food was delivered quickly, at a great temperature, and presented well. Portions were a bit small for what I'd expect $65 to get me, but was very good. Kids and I were still a bit hungry when we left. Overall not bad, I'd recommend given the place a chance (maybe I was just too hungry!). I'd visit again after I try the other brekkie places in town first before I visit again.

Tracey W, Owner at DeckChair Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2017

Hi Jason.Thankyou for taking the time to review Deckchair Cafe.
The cost of your meals as stated on our menu should have totalled at $ 56 so Im confused as to why you have mentioned the (over $65 )
Also on our menu it clearly states as to what each meal contains so I'm thinking that if you are super hungry then maybe you needed to order some extras which we would have happily suggested for you.
On a brighter note Im very happy that you enjoyed our friendliness and the quality of your breakfast food.
Hoping that you enjoyed your visit to our gorgeous little town & look forward to you visiting us again very soon.
Kind Regards
Tracey

Reviewed August 24, 2017

Lunch with friends, enjoyed the whiting wrap. Full of lovely fresh fish and salad. Very tasty! Very good service mid week.

Hello & thanks so much for your lovely review.
Our local fish & salad wrap is a very popular lunch item on our menu & glad that you enjoyed it.
Thanks again Tracey