“Over-priced and rude”

Pantry Cafe & Catering
Ranked #14 of 30 Restaurants in Forbes
Reviewed May 23, 2018

We called into this establishment to purchase a take-away cup of black tea (no sugar). The lady at the counter asked what size and we replied - Medium. The cost of this cup of tea was $4.80 although a medium cup of coffee, with the possibility of milk and/or sugar being added was only $4.50. I asked why the tea was more expensive than the coffee, and was told "that's the price on the cash register - I can't change it". We had ordered the cup of tea, it had been made, so we did the right thing and paid this exorbitant price for what was a take-away cup of hot water with a tea bag dunked into it. We didn't even get the tea bag with it. I know businesses have hidden, overhead costs that have to be covered BUT this was highway robbery. After what had been a couple of great days on the road, finding some fabulous accommodation and eateries, this was a disappointment and due to the rude response from the lady on the counter, I felt the need to share this experience.

Date of visit: May 2018
1  Thank Grandpa1959

Reviewed January 27, 2018

Lunch of merely toasted sandwiches and coffee. Order placed, when sandwiches arrived all wrong, waitress just looked at us and walked off. I asked for my coffee in a cup instead of a mug which caused considerable turmoil.... we were amazed that the two tables close to us had the incorrect orders delivered as well.
Hmmmm strange... to

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed December 15, 2017

We stopped off at the Pantry Cafe at Forbes recently when having a travel break on a road trip. This is a newly taken over business and we were most happy with the coffee and the cake we chose for our morning tea break. There is indoor and outside seating available on the street front. We were served promptly and enjoyed our stop off here.

Date of visit: November 2017
1  Thank pandd1946
Reviewed November 16, 2017 via mobile

This is a new business in an old landmark called Esme's. They retained the same supplier of coffee which is good news. The kitchen is a hive of activity and the meals are excellent. Loved my cappuccino and my meal was delivered promptly. They do take EFTPOS and most Major Cards. Nice outdoor sitting.

Date of visit: November 2017