“Crisp, browned and flavoursome.”
Review of Little red Kitchen

Little red Kitchen
Ranked #20 of 35 Restaurants in Bellingen
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Intimate little restaurant with probably better Italian food than anything experienced recently in Rome
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Here is a review
from Urban spoon

Diner Review • Apr 15, 2013
What a shame this place isn't better known.
I came in early and was the only diner. The decor is stage-like and boarders on the surreal with aeroplane hangar lighting and the echo-y music of 30's blues singers played in an room adjoining the dining room bouncing off the glazed gingham table cloths.
The service is amiable and obliging if a bit relaxed.
I don't know how many people come here but the food ( I came on Pizza night) deserves recognition.
A *real* pizza!
Crisp, browned and flavoursome.
not gooey, not bland and indeterminate.
the real deal, like a salty puttanesca flavoured kick up the jaxie.
A wonderful pair to garlic infused creamy feta in the greek salad.
Food made by people who care and know what they prepare should taste like.
I'll be back.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

Unfortunately a very disappointing experience, particularly for the price. We ordered a pasta dish, a pizza and a Greek salad. We would normally order a chinotto but it wasn't on the drinks menu, which was quite limited, so my husband ordered a Coke. I ordered the salmon fettuccine with capers, dill and cream sauce for $27. A little while after I ordered I was told that they would need to go down the road to get some fettuccine pasta from the supermarket as they had run out (even though they had just opened), so I opted for the spaghetti instead. The pasta was al dente and quite tasty. It would be better if the pasta was fresh or made on premises at that price, a bit off putting knowing its from the supermarket. My husband ordered the Supreme pizza which was also disappointing as the pepperoni was burnt and some of the ingredients did not taste fresh. We really liked the fresh chilli from the garden however which we thought was a nice touch. The salad was really nice with fresh ingredients, very tasty tomatoes, would have liked more of them. Overall a disappointing experience and I feel a little more effort is required.

3  Thank PlumIndustries
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Everything in Bellingen closes on a monday night,( unless you want beer and Schnitzel or chinese) except Little Red Kitchen, we parked right outside and ordered a pizza, to take away. Problem with the oven they said, be about an hour ! so I came back in about 45 mins and it was just great. Not much more than a cafe really, but it seems popular, and has quite a good vibe. Different is how I would describe it. See for yourself. oh, and not a cockroach in sight !

2  Thank Firstclassflyer
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Worst dinner. Cockroaches on counter. Cheap. Ordered pizza which took a long time. We thought they might have pasta no only Thursdays. Salad was a joke sounde great but just a couple of leaves of rocket.

2  Thank Stuart N
Reviewed June 1, 2012

The food here is delicious! no matter what we order, we are always pleased with our dining experience. The prices are great and worth what you get. The owner, Andrew, has a lovely manner and so do his staff members, it is a welcome place to eat.

1  Thank Magdalena G