Ridgewood Cottages
  • Restaurant
Motel Au Bercail(Temiscaming)
Lincoln Motel(Sturgeon Falls)
View Hotel
River Mist Inn(Sturgeon Falls)
Champlain Motel(Sturgeon Falls)
Bay Motel(North Bay)
View Hotel
White Fawn Motel(North Bay)
View Hotel
All reviewsbig kidsrented cottagebassangusbrianpickerelresortsummerboatslakebbqfishingpike
Reviewed August 27, 2012

WOW>> We just got back from our first family vacation.What a great time..The lake is beautiful, the staff at Ridgewood Cottages were great. They were super friendly. There was also a mixture of guests there when we were there and they also were great.. everyone talked to each other, the kids played together(sometimes even the big kids) I really just have to say the holiday was awsome..Will definetly will be going back and this time we will be staying longer.... it is a dog friendly place and I have dogs,there was not a lot of barking and everyone cleaned up..the dogs also had a great time.Thank you to all the staff (and guests) for the great time...see you soon....

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank tracy m
Reviewed August 26, 2012

I recently spent some time at Ridgewood Cottages with several members of my family ranging in all ages! We had a terrific time which was sure accented by the great owners who were soooooo cordial and accommodating! The cottages and property were everything you could ever need in a vacation getaway and situated right near the cute little man made sandy beach over looking beautiful Angus Lake! Good swimming conditions,great fishing even right off the dock (my sister hooked a 16 in pickerel),canoes and fishing boats for rent if desired and certainly this place can boast beautiful sunsets right before your eyes as it sets over the lake in the west! The fire ban had been lifted and we had a nice cozy little fire burning in the pit every night while gazing at the thousands of stars overhead. Perfect if you're still up at that hour when you'll then see them in your dreams!

Ridgewood Cottages is very easy to find and get to in the beautiful north and is just far enough away from the 'hub bub' of city living to make the traveling time pleasurable with great scenery along the way especially out of North Bay! It will be a returning spot for years to come I'm sure along with some friends next time! The owners are sure make this place special and are available 24/7 for whatever your needs may be!

Great place! Good money value! GREAT owners!!!

Room Tip: Cabins 2 threw 6 are right are different sizes and all on the water and next to each other!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank MJP413
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Ridgewood Cottages is everything a summer trip to Northern Ontario should be. The cottages are a rustic, traditional feel and are cleaner than my own home. I mean you-can-put-your-toothbrush-on-the-sink-and-not-worry about it kind of clean ;) The view from the docks (there are 3) is picture postcard worthy, and Angus Lake is clean and full of fish. The management and owners are what set this resort apart from the rest. the manager, Amanda, is friendly, accommodating and offered many suggestions of things to do both at the resort and in the community. She was more than happy to promptly deliver fire wood, offer boat, canoe or kayak rentals, or just check in to make sure all was good. I was not the only guest impressed with the service, as I had conversations with many others who plan on returning next year because of the attention they were given. My overall experience was so enjoyable it is hard to believe this was only the second summer with the current owners. I will defiantly be back next summer and wish the new owners the best of luck!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Kelly181390
Reviewed October 26, 2011

Ridgewood Cottages is one of the nicest resorts I have been to in Northern Ontario. Almost all of the cottages are right on the lake, offering a beautiful view of the sunset directly from your window! The owners are very friendly people, and were more than willing to help us with the canoes, paddle boats, and motor boats. They also keep the cottages very clean and organized, which I was really happy about. My experience here was very enjoyable and I hope to get back there next summer for more than one weekend! :)

Room Tip: The big cottage (Cabin number 1, I believe) is big and beautiful! It's the closest cottage to the lake and has a screened in porch so you can watch the sunset at night.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank dott8
Reviewed August 11, 2011

My husband and I wanted to plan a family vacation with a two year old and a four year old - somewhere to swim, fish and get away from the city. Came accross Ridgewood and thought we'd check it out. I was a little nervous going away with two small kids - but this resort was perfect. It offered nice, clean cottages with all accomadations, a small playground and sandbox with toys for the kids and a few docks to fish off (which was very successful!!). The kids swam most of the week and it was great because there is actually a small beach there. My husband was very impressed with the fishing. The owners make you feel very welcomed and all they worry about is that everyone is safe and having a good time. This is now going to be our annual getaway!!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family