“I had a mixed experience there...”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Temagami
Temagami Shores Inn & Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Temagami
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Initially I thought the place was great and then I was charged almost 20 bucks for a club sandwitch becauseit was actuslly not an item on their menu. From there it was pretty much a downhill ride. I discovered someones filthy old hockey cap in the closet area which is out of character for what was otherwise a clean place. Things got noisy when some parents and their kids showed up for a local sports tournie & when I commented to the management about the fact the kids who were all around 10 were making too much noise-running around the entire place- the person I was talking to became defensive and said you are talking to the owner & I cleaned your room today. Well, in fact I don`t realy care that the person I was talking to was the owner & in fact my room had in fact not been cleaned that day because I had requested it be left alone and it was in the same slightly used condition I had left it in earlier in the day. Personally I think that is a sign to leave, which I did. The not that long road to town is dangerous to walk on as it has large trucks moving by any pedestrians at a good rate of speed not far from where you would be walking. The town consisted of mostly all closed up places of business with very few exceptions. I would say it was average to below average...quite a bit below average in fact.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank footloose888
Stephanie W, Owner at Temagami Shores Inn & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2013

As new owners this past year we thank you for your insight to your stay with us. We are sorry that your stay was not all you were looking for. I apologize if you felt offended by me in any way as it is totally unacceptable. I must add though that you were forewarned that during your stay there would be a young hockey team staying with us on the weekend. Our policy for noise is after 11pm and the children were all in by 8:30pm for their coaches curfew. I am sorry that your stay with us gave you such a negative experience of us and our small town. We will take your information and apply it to help future guests.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

Spent two nights earlier this month and we were very impressed. We had a lovely little cabin with a awesome view of the lake. Very rustic. Nothing fancy but it was clean and homey. Chatted with the new owners and they were very warm and welcoming. Ate a few meals in the dining room and while we had to wait a bit for our food it was tasty and big portion! It was a very nice stay and we would definitely go back.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Laura R

Laura
We thank-you so much for your positive comments and we look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

Spent three nights at the resort.Awesome walking trails beautiful view! Rooms are rustic but comfortable. don't forget anything like your tooth brush as they don't have anything there. However there is a perocan up the road. Th serving staff were absolutely amazing, specifically the lady from southern Ontario with the blond hair. Awesome sense of humour and great memory. Food is OK but the shrimp appetizer was totally the best. Greek salade is also good. Red house wine was good. good prices.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms 20-21 by the highway as it can get loud with the trucks...but it wasn't that bad...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I booked a cabin for a week this Aug and not once did the maid service come in to even change out the towels. When paying over $1000 for a week, you would think there would be maid service at least every other day. When I asked the front desk, I was told they don't service the cabins. Wow!! I've stayed there before but with the new owners, I won't be going back again. Just very disappointed with my stay. Be staying at another resort next year.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Michael
As new owners we are sorry to hear that you will not be returning because of towels. We ourselves have never been to a cottage were towels are even supplied let alone daily room service so we followed what had been in place when we bought the business. This has been something that was in place even before our ownership. I did though in fact bring you towels the day you called me and we have no problem doing this for guests of the cabins. You have brought it to our attention that we must make sure guests are aware of this fact. Thank-you for the insight and we welcome you back to give us another try.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

We just returned from our visit to Temagami. Love the fresh air, the lake and most of all LOVED our stay at Temagami Shores! this resort has new owners who have put this place “on the Map!”

We stayed in a motel room overlooking the lake.....and enjoyed the best sleep ever! Rooms are scheduled for some updates but they are reasonably priced, clean, spacious, comfortable and well equipped including WIFI. Our friends enjoyed one of the larger cabins that was cozy and very comfortable. Other reviews have mentioned Hwy 11 being loud.....we never heard the traffic on any of the 4 nights of our stay, what we enjoyed listening to was the pontoon airplane taking off and landing on the lake during the day! LOVE the north!

In other years our trip to the North included dragging up lots of food to cook and eat during our stay and then dragging most of it home because we took too much. This time we packed a few snacks and enjoyed our meals at the restaurant onsite. Not only was the food amazing and realistically priced, the staff were friendly and fun..... and we didn’t have to do dishes!! Make sure you try their home made pizza and spicy and sweet chicken wings!! Magnifico! And if you prefer Liver and onions, they have the best you have ever tasted!

There was plenty of room to leave our boat at their docks and beautiful scenery and loads of fun for boating, tubing, sea dooing, fishing and lots more!

Temagami Shores is an awesome Northern Escape! It is family owned and operated! The fact that Mark, Stef and Dylan are there onsite doing their very best to take care of all of your needs makes our choice to go back every year an EASY one!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank SasseeJaclyn
Reviewed August 11, 2012

In one of the most beautiful settings adjacent to Lake Temagami, sits Temagami Shores. There's just one big problem with where it sits. While the lake is on one side of the resort, Highway 11, a major north south truck route sits on the other side.

We've stayed at this motel for one night, every August, for the last five years. They've made some improvements to the rooms, including wireless internet, new carpeting, and new mattresses which were sorely needed. They've also installed new flooring in the guest bathrooms.

Don't expect luxury here. But you will find friendly staff, a nice restaurant, and comfortable guestrooms which are most likely the nicest rooms in the area. But it still is very basic lodging.

You won't hear wildlife or the be able to enjoy the peace and quiet of this part of Ontario because it will all get drowned out by the constant traffic passing by the hotel. I always have a good night sleep here because I always bring my earplugs.

Room Tip: Get a room as far from the road as possible.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank nevis92
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I hadn't been to this area for 3 years and hadn't been to this particular resort for at least 5 years. I can tell you, this resort is Northern Perfection! The management has recently changed (early in 2012) and they are doing absolutely everything right.

We dined in the onsite restaurant for several meals and the waitstaff were attentive and friendly - going out of their way to make sure our meail (and our stay) were pleasant and the food was fabulous (as were the prices).

The rooms will soon be getting a facelift but, putting aside the decor, the rooms were clean, spacious and efficient. We stayed in a one bedroom suite with jacuzzi tub, balcony and kitchen (I also got a tour of the larger 2/ 3 bedroom suites and these were fabulous as well. The views from our suite balcony were out of this world. The suites were separate from the main hotel and sat atop of an incline with unbelievable views of the lake and landscape.

The owners are surely aiming to make this a resort of choice in Northern Ontario! We work long, stressful hours and this paradise was exactly what we needed for a little down time.

If you're looking for exceptional and friendly service and peace and quiet in a georgeous, natural setting, this is the place!!

PM me with any questions... happy to share!

Happy travels!

Room Tip: I recommend the suites with lake view!! - perfect for families and groups!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple