“Not as. Advertised”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Bay-Lee-Mac Camp

Bay-Lee-Mac Camp
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Temagami
Bay-Lee-Mac Camp
Toronto, Canada
“Not as. Advertised”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

Tiny, no hydro,no lights in bedrooms ,outhouse full of huge spiders, no privacy. Owner at beach working with tractor on long weekend and raking it. Must keep out of way of boats docking. Communal fire pit. If you are swimming and want to take out child. Size kayaks you must get out of water and walk up the hill to his house and walk back down with him to receive a life preserver never go in his shed, and you are chastised if you leave preserver on dock when done and told to show him that you returned preservers from yesterday. Don,t think they realize this does not encourage repeat rentals. Cottages were clean but would never return. We have stayed for years at other cottages that are much more friendly and welcoming.lbay lee mac had lots of good fishing, no hot water twice,poor beach, poor atv trails, no privacy,train beside cabins.felt harassed and watched. If you want to be treated like you want to steal their preservers and like to. Be asked to turn over your vehicle keys so he can move your vehicle or told to park somewhere by the wife and then chastised for it by the husband, then this is the place for you,

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Shelby737

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

Hi all just back from the camp and it was a great experience from when we checked in to the time we left. On arrival, Rodger put my boat in the water and as soon as we unpacked, we were out on the lake! My son and I spent an afternoon with Rodger on Cliff Lake which was an experience on its own! We had to hike up a mountain and down the other side to the lake which was incredible - peaceful and secluded. Rodger was great and we had many conversations that afternoon that my son and I will remember for a long time. Overall, the cabins, fishing and our hosts was a great experience and we will return next year for a family vacation with our grandchildren, since they have many activities for kids too!
From Mark, Alan, Tristan and myself

Room Tip: Overlooking the lake
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Bruce L
Simcoe, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

Was just there for five days. Will not go back. We did not know there was NO HYDRO. I found the gas lights were hot and difficult to see in. No lights in bed rooms. And the fishing sucked !!! No boat ramp available.

Room Tip: Dont bring slow cookers or electric deep fryers because there is no hydro. Prices were high. Poor li...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Markie55
North Bay, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

For being a city girl, I was not sure what to expect for my first experience in a cabin... I was asked to help out a friend with Wedding plans and was told we were staying in a cabin that was only run with propane...
Once there the owners/hosts were wonderful, very accomodating, personable, and made me feel right at home. The scenery and cabin experience was truly breathtaking... The cabins are incredibly clean and have a truly rustic feel to them, but in no way are you lacking all the amenities of home... They provide cookware, cooking water, hot showers, comfy beds, extra blankets etc and very reasonable rates...
Rib Lake is secluded enough and big enough that you could spend hours out there and feel like its only been minutes... And the fishing... well... you are in for a treat... For the more adventurous, you could always head out to Cliff Lake which is accoss Rib Lake and a 20 minute hike through a well cut path...
I enjoyed myself so much I made it out there for 2 more weekends this summer... and intend on going out there for a few more weekends next summer. All in all... this place is number #1 in my books... I will continue to suggest BayLeeMac to anyone that asks for summer accomodations. Miss it already... :)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank dee j
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

My girlfriend and I have stayed at Bayleemac on several occasions. Roger and Krystal always provide a great, clean cabin to stay in and the location is great and the rates are reasonable. The cabins are rustic, clean and comfortable and are equipped with cookware, extra blankets and a bbq, which is handy. There is no electricity in the cabins but do have propane lights, but a flashlight or two is a good idea to bring along. We always enjoy our stays here and look forward to our next trip to temagami.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank thedudeabides81
Petoskey, Michigan, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2012

I am not sure the lady who answered on 8/10/12 was having a bad day. I visited their website here: http://www.bayleemaccamp.com/rates.asp. It says daily rate.But the lady seemed annoyed when I told her I only wanted to stay one night. She said they only do weekly rentals and hung up before I could even mention what it says on the website. I called again, and before I could speak she said WE DON'T do daily rentals an hung up. Needless to say I found another great place (am writing a review) and ended up staying two nights. Perhaps the same could have happened for this place had they let me ask my simple question. Customer service guys, all about customer service.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Nathan W
Ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2009

We stayed at Bay Lee Mac Camp in early October and had a really nice time. It is super quiet - we were the only people there for the week. All the cottages front onto Rib Lake. The camp is private and secluded. Roger and Krystal were super accomodating and their dog Morgan was pretty friendly too. If you go in the summer, there is fishing, boating, swimming all on the lake right there at the camp, and many other lakes in the Temagami area.

It is rustic though. All the cabins are heated by woodstoves, and the lights are propane lamps. The ONTC runs through the camp, but we thought that was pretty cool - they were few and far between, and when it did pass through while we were there is neat to watch.

We were there for a quiet, secluded time, to do some hiking (the Cliff Lake Conservation Reserve has a really neat bu challenging trail) and to see Timiskaming. Bay Lee Mac is about half way between Temagami and Latchford, which is a good spot to go explore Cobalt and New Liskeard to the north. We stayed five nights (we left a day early due to a hiking injury) and enjoyed it. We'd definitely recommend it to people looking for a woodsy experience, and we'd stay there again if we were going to hike in Timiskaming again. Wakign up to Loons, watching the lake, campfires, peace and quiet - it was very nice.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple