“bryher - the most relaxing holiday ever”
other travelers have booked this property
'Bryher' Mount Flagon Sitting Room
Twin bedroom with access to Private Terrace
Bathroom
Private Terrace with Sea Views
Aerial View of St Martins
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Elanie M
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“bryher - the most relaxing holiday ever”
Reviewed April 20, 2015 for a stay in June 2014
people found this review helpful

We visited Bryher in June 2014 – myself, husband and father in law. Both myself and my Father- in- Law are keen gardeners (him- very good, me-an absolute beginner!) So we have long held a “bucket list “hankering to see Tresco and the Scilly Isles – and we were not disappointed.

We choose to go by Ferry – although I am not a “salty sea dog” – I was surprised at how good the crossing was after reading horror stories of other travelers who do not have “sea legs” – although the boarding and stowing of the luggage was a little chaotic for the uninitiated . Luckily, we had some help from other seasoned travelers to show us the ropes. On arrival our luggage was collected by Island Transport and delivered to our accommodation, this left us free to wander through the town. I have to say it was the best introduction to the St Mary’s we could hope for - we could see all the eateries and investigate the menus and make plans for visits for meal /lunch etc. The Co – op was very busy on this visit – as I believe it always is on arrival day (Friday) – and was well stocked. We had the arduous problem of wandering by three beaches to get to Mount Flagon and our accommodation Bryher .

Bryher was set of the drive, up a small incline - front door leads to a vestibule to decant shoes, bags etc. There a galley kitchen which was well stock with crockery , pots pans and grocery essentials - the living room is very light and airy and the light that comes in, is fantastic. The bedrooms are very well appointed. The Master bedroom has stunning sea views and good wardrobe space and drawers. There are two further bedrooms with single bed - one room has the washing machine and airers . The other bedroom with twin beds is to the gardens which has a french door which leads to the outside decking - we spent most of our time eating here as the views were spectacular and the area secluded – lovely for sundowners with the scent of honeysuckle in the air – absolute heaven.

Myself and my father-in law- took the boat to Tresco (transfers and regular from the harbor and very reasonable) this was a great day out for us, we visited the gardens and took the chance between transfer / boat collection to explore Tresco which was beautiful – whilst we were at Tresco, this left my husband to his own devices , namely exploring St Mary’s and discovering the “Old Town “ which he loved , as well as having to have a pint or two ( it was hard work he told me !) We also visited some of the other island and done some fishing as well using the boats and excursions from the harbor – the boatmen are priceless entertainment themselves!

All of us found the accomdation well appointed, clean, tidy and well supplied ( lots of sand mats and balls and games for the beach which would be a bonus for those with children ) – the added bonus of the downstairs shower room helped with three of us getting ready of an evening . The stroll into “town “was approximately 10-20mins (there was no rush to get anywhere). There were several great restaurants in town and the Old Town - we particularly liked Juliet’s Garden restaurant - and The Mermaid on the docks – and then watching the gig race (rather them than us as it was very choppy when they were competing).

We can honestly say hand on heart this was the most relaxing holiday all of us had ever had. My husband and I are making plans to visit again very soon and my father-in- law has raved so much about The Scillys he has friends going later in 2015. We are trying to keep it secret but it is so very beautiful and such a wonderful place to visit that it’s so very hard not to tell people about it.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The bed , the decking and the views
Traveling group: Extended Family
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing