This was not our first trip to the fortunate Isles but our first stay at the Star Castle.
Expensive, but the staff, food and it's location all made for a great winters break
The only draw back is the climb up the hill from the town Might be a bit much for less able bodies
I have had better breakfasts but the Dinner menu was varied (for a weeks stay) and the wine list was excellent.
The staff were knowledgable and helpful
And to stay in a real life castle was fabulous
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A family run hotel located on the Garrison a short walk from the centre of St Mary’s and the harbour, commanding breathtaking views of the stunning Archipelago. Our focus is to provide exceptional customer service to all our guests, award winning gourmet food with a choice of two award winning restaurants featuring the world’s best fresh lobster and crab caught by the proprietor Mr Robert Francis aboard ‘Gallos’ the hotel’s own fishing boat.A 38 bedroom hotel boasting traditional sixteenth century castle accommodation and spacious contemporary suites within 4 acres of secluded gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Star Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Star Castle Hotel St Mary`s
- Star Castle St Marys
- Star Castle Hotel St Marys
- Star Castle Isles Of Scilly, England