“Excellent once again”
Review of The Wheelhouse

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St Mary's
The Wheelhouse
Ranked #1 of 35 St Mary's B&B and Inns
County Durham, United Kingdom
“Excellent once again”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Stayed at The Wheelhouse with Jen and Dan for the third year in a row. Once again it was an excellent experience. From friendly and professional hosts, through super accomodation and wonderful breakfasts the whole week was a pleasure.
Thank you once again Jen and Dan - see you next year.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank geoff001

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Solihull, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 14, 2013

This was my first visit to the Scilly Isles and I could not have stayed at a better place then the Wheelhouse. Absolutely first class. Jen and Dan were both very professional and friendly, and very caring. They had lots of local knowledge and were happy to offer suggestions and advice. Nothing seemed to much trouble for them. Other staff I saw there were friendly too and said 'hello' - a rarity these days when staying omewhere! Not once was I made to feel intimidated, isolated or a second-class guest just because I was travelling alone. Breakfasts cooked by Dan were superb, indeed so much better than any hotel breakfast I have had over the years, and the breakfast was delivered piping hot by Jen. Bedrooms and dining room spotlessly clean, airy and welcoming. Location perfect, room 5 has a lovely view of beautiful Porthcressa Beach which is just a few steps away from the Wheelhouse. All in all, a fantastic introduction to the Sclly Isles for me, and I would not hesitate to go back to the Wheelhouse tomorrow if I could! There is plenty more I could say - all good! - but I'll end by saying Jen and Dan provide a 5* service all round - thank you both - you made me feel at home from the moment I arrived - much appreciated under the circumstances in whcih I was travelling. Hope to see you again soon

Room Tip: Stayed in room 5 - lovely view from the patio door. Yes there is slightly sloping ceiling one side o...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
6 Thank DeborahAnne W
Herts
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Our first visit to the Isles of Scilly, and we couldn't have chosen a better place to stay. The view from our room was to die for - lovely sandy bay, framed by an attractive green headland. The garden shared the view and Jen and Dan were happy to serve tea there or for you to enjoy your own drinks. Our room was compact , clean and had all we needed. Breakfast was good and an excellent time to catch up on the daily island excursions. Not only is The Wheelhouse in a great spot, but the service is personal and friendly. It's a great place to stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Croxley_9
solihull
Reviewed May 28, 2013

My friends and I have visited the Isles of Scilly every year for many years and always stay at the Wheelhouse. Situated on the beach at Porthcressa, the rooms are clean, well furnished and most have a beautiful sea view. Jen and Dan always have a warm welcome for their guests and nothing is too much trouble. The excellent breakfasts are freshly cooked, plus a great selection of fresh fruits and cereals etc. Dan makes a great packed lunch for those going off walking for the day and Jen bakes delicious scones for their cream teas served most afternoons. The dining room and lounge overlook the beach and are warm and welcoming when the weather is inclement. We look forward to our next visit as we cannot fault this great B&B which is so convenient to all the amenities on St Mary's.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank 92Kingfisher
Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 25, 2013

A warm and frendly welcome from Jen and Dan at The Wheelhouse. The rooms are tastefully decorated and the service is excellent. The breakfast offers a great choice and beautifully cooked by Dan. The Wheelhouse has a great position on the beach with a lovely view. Jen and Dan are always on hand to give information and advice. This was our first visit to the Scillys but can't wait for next Easter for our second. Thank you for a great holiday!

Adele and Angela

Room Tip: ALL the rooms are excellent and have some feature and charm.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank 68AngelaR68
UK
Reviewed April 21, 2013

My elderly mother (87) and I received the warmest welcome from Jen and Dan, and a comfortable room on the ground floor. The Wheelhouse is very near places to eat, shops, activities etc, yet really quiet. Our hosts were unstinting with their time every day in helping us and the other guests, always on hand to book boats and restaurants, give helpful recommendations of where to go and information about the islands. Breakfasts were excellent, and in the inclement weather we did not find ourselves shut out for the day, as with some B&Bs, but were welcomed back in from the wind and rain, to get warm and dry. Thank you both for a happy but all too short stay; we will be back, in better weather I hope!

Room Tip: Room 3 on ground floor has a sea view, bathroom is very small, but very comfortable overall.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank avishayes
Somerton, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Been to Scillies many times. Every time different, every time good. Not this good. Jen and Dan put in a lot of effort and the result is FABLIOUS1 (correct spelling). My wife and I spent a week to celebbrate her 60th and while the weather may have been cold the place is warm and friendly with everything anyone could possibly want for a little bit of heaven. Breakfasts to die for, clean, booking tables in restaurants while we were out on a boat, just FABLIOUS! (correct spelling) We will be back, thanks a million.

Room Tip: Room 6 for me.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
#12 of 35 in St Mary's
Star Castle
Star Castle
#2 of 6 in St Mary's

Been to The Wheelhouse? Share your experiences!