“Disappointment”

Juliet's Garden Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 28 Restaurants in St Mary's
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A well-loved family run restaurant overlooking the beautiful harbour on St Mary's, Isles of Scilly. Open daily from late March through to the end of October. We open at 10am and serve evening meals from 6pm, except on Tuesday nights.
Scilly UK
“Disappointment”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

We have been to Juliet's Garden for the last 3 years for our wedding anniversary and always been pleased. This year we went as before. It was a wet Sunday evening and very few tables taken. The service was pleasant friendly and quite speedy, but what came was disappointing. My wife had lamb cutlets. They were very small had no gravy or mint sauce just a small amount of chopped chillies. There was a basket of chips, vegetables extra. I had prawns, one was still runny inside. We both had Tiramisu which was tasteless, a slab of two sponges filled with a fondant cream, there was no coffee or chocolate flavours anywhere. As we have always been pleased with the food before it was a bigger disappointment. It was also very expensive compared to other Scillonian restaurants. It is a lovely place on a warm sunny day for Lunch or Tea but still a bit pricey.

• Visited September 2012
3 Thank dodderer

London, United Kingdom
“best for seafood”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We dropped in on a cycling circumnavigation of the Island. Though it wasn't busy and clearly end of season, the service was attentive and food delicious and fresh. I haven't tasted such good prawns for a long time, the crab was great and salmon tasty and not too salty. It's not difficult to imaging that the place is a real hit in season, with bright and tasteful decorations and lots of indoor & outside seating with a spectacular harbour view.

1 Thank unclepious
Biggleswade, United Kingdom
“Quality place to visit you will want to return time after time”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

I was lucky enough to visit the place twice while I was over on the Islands and on both visits I never left disappointed. My first was on a Sunday and was a last minute family celebration and the staff were on hand to make our time special. We visited at the end of the season on the island but the choice was there for us to enjoy.
My Second visit was on a week day when we were walking and we sat in the garden to take in the amazing view of the Harbour and the town. We only had Cake but it was well worth the visit and not even a crumb was left to the disgust of the small birds looking for them.
Overall this is a must place visit if you live or visiting the Island.

10/10

UK
“MID MORNING COFFEE”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We only stopped mid-cycle for coffee, but the drinks were great, a really good menu and lovelyviews.

Visited October 2012
bromsgrove
“A lovely place to eat on my birthday”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

This is one place I was determined to eat at after reading the reviews on tripadvisor. It did not disappoint. It is a pity we could not enjoy the views as it was dark and pelting down with rain. The food was cooked and served to a very high standard. My husband dropped out it was my birthday so the table was sprinkled with glitter and the pudding served with a candle in it as the staff sang "Happy Birthday" It made my evening. We forgot to take a torch and had a dark walk back to Hugh Town, but at least it had stopped raining. All in all a lovely night