All reviews the hotel staff water jets professional staff grand prix a great experience sausage spa massage pools barcelona circuit jacuzzi cava source health uk escape
Selected filters
Reviewed May 1, 2018

A well-sized health and well-being hotel, it is also an ideal base for business travellers with its professional staff, decent facilities and well-sized, comfortable rooms. The wellness centre is a major plus point and the healthy vibe is reflected in the food choices. Dinner is well priced and breakfast is comprehensive - drinks are expensive though. The downside is it is located a little away from anywhere of note (with exception to the Circuit de Catalunya) but would be a good base to get out to Barcelona for one of the days.

Room tip: Well placed for the Circuit de Catalunya - 15min drive and coming from direction that wouldn't be as busy getting in on race day
Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed September 13, 2017 via mobile

Usually a hotel that doesn't reply to emails, gives poor advice on how to find your room, very poor service at the bar ( one night ) , would not get a good review, at all ! But somehow this hotel has enough good points to warrant 5 stars . The spa is excellent with good treatments offered on top . Restaurant truly great ! Very very good service from David, Laura and Uri ! We will certainly be back , and now we know how the place works I am sure our next stay will be more enjoyable ! If possible !!

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank V9953PVmarkw
Patricia C, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Blancafort Spa Termal, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2017

Dear V9953Pmarkw,

Thank you for the time spent writting about our Hotel.
We are so glad to hear your experience in the Restaurant! I will make arrive your comments to David, Laura and Oriol.
On the other hand, I'm sad to hear that you didn't received a good advise to find the room. From reception they always explain how to. Apologies from all the reception's team if you didn't find the indications clear enough.

We hope to see you again in the hotel, and for sure, make your stay even better than the first one.

Reviewed July 14, 2017 via mobile

A beautiful oasis just 40 minutes from the hear of Barcelona.
Tucked away in the town of La Garriga, north of Barcelona, this resort is a mystical get away.
It's staff is very friendly and accommodating. We had originally booked a junior suite, but upon arriving at the Blancafort, couldn't resist our desire to stay next to main pool surrounded by refreshing landscape full of tropical trees and decided to upgrade to a suite premium. It was well worth the upgrade fee.
The food and service at their restaurant El Olivo was outstanding. The food looked, and tasted just like the menu's picture (which is provided on an iPad). The quality of food was so good, we decided to return to dine there on our second night. What would make this restaurant over the top, for my taste, would be to add vegan options to their menu.
The highlight, and main attraction, of course, are the thermal pools. Their layout and decor provide for a magical experience. I felt enchanted by all the different spa pools and treatment showers. But the Roman baths took me to a different place all together. As I lay in the warm water and looked around I felt I was in 300 A.D. Rome. And, when I closed my eyes, I felt in space. The music and acoustics blended perfectly with the sounds of flowing water. It felt mystical.
However, if one is planning to combine a stay here with a visit to Barcelona as we did, the spa operating times (10:00am to 8:00pm) made it a bit difficult to fully enjoy both.
Overall a great experience regardless.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank perezlalo
Reviewed July 4, 2017

I would recommend this hotel if and only if you're spending all your time at the spa. It is clean and decent. The staff is very kind. Breakfast is okay. But definitely not for business. Why?
1. Wifi speed sucks big time.
2. Plugs: Oh dear Lord! Why are they so scarce? It is not only that you have about four in the room, but also that they are occupied by lamps. Yes, to recharge your device you need to unplug the lamp... and there is no other source of light in the room apart from these lamps. So, it is either you recharge or see. I was lucky I could read on the iPad.
3. If you need to iron your clothes, you have to go to the reception and get an iron. No ironing board, so you'll have to do it on the bed and the iron cable is not that long. But who wants to iron anyway?
4. Only one person at reception in the (late) evening. You need something? You have to go and fetch it.
5. There is no menu in the rooms. You can order food, but do not have the menu. Seriously?
6. Maintenance should be improved: the aircon in my room was not working, but there ws a trick to make it work (it didn't work in the end, so I had to pack again, go to reception, get another room, and pray everything was fine this time).
7. Laundry is okay, but subcontracted: make sure you get your stuff before you leave.

There are good things, but I would say that this is okay only if you enjoy the spa. The reception is misleading, as it looks modern. When you get to the room you realize the hotel is old and needs investment.

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank Pablo G
Reviewed December 27, 2016

A great location in a Beautiful little town.
The lobby is big and nicely decorated.
The staff were friendly and efficient.
I booked a basic single room which was very clean, basic and well appointed.
A good selection of amenities including a swimming cap for the thermal pools.
The bed was average 5/10
The spa is large and lacking that special touch, although clean and loads of lemon and cucumber water available. The thermal pools are well maintained although the area is noisy and the showers are not very well maintained, the jet pools had a lot of chlorine and again where very noisy.
The food from room service was average and expensive.
The breakfast was vast and catered for most dietary requirements although it was nothing to write home about.
The coffee was average.