“Great authentic restaurant”

Daniele e Riccardo Ristorante
Reserve with
Daniele e Riccardo Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 62 Restaurants in Montevarchi
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 17, 2013

This is a small authentic restaurant ran by two brothers. It is a great place to go if you want to see where the locals eat. Ricardo is a funny guy and just listen to his recommendations. Great wines at great prices. We didn't see the menu, but we didn't need it. Just listen to Ricardo's recommendations and you cannot go wrong.

2  Thank grecognos

Reviewed February 24, 2013

We heard only good things about this restaurant from our friends and have to confirm that we liked it very, very much. We totally enjoyed this inviting atmosphere and great food. There is a daily menu which Daniele proposes and you can be assured to have only the freshest of foods on your plate. The wine selection is very nice and the prices are reasonable.We will be back to enjoy the different dishes proposed according to the season. Definitely try the ribollita and the crostini /antipasti misti.You won't be let down.

1  Thank Palmtree888
Reviewed January 15, 2013

A colleague from my company suggested this restaurant. I have been twice now and the food quality price ratio is excellent. My suggestion is to allow the owner Daniele to bring you what he wants. If you prefer to order yourself, go for the antipasti misti, ribollita (in winter), tagliata, torta di coiccolato (remember to ask him to add a spoon of panna cotta or ice cream on top). The restaurant seems to have an extensive range of good wines to choose from but I was driving so was unable to enjoy. The restaurant was full on both Monday and Tuesday evenings, mostly local people who clearly enjoy coming here. I would encourage people from Firenze, SIena, Arezzo and other locations to come here and try the food, the trip is worth it. I have lived in international cities overseas all my working life, experienced some truly great dining experiences , and whilst this restaurant is not the best I have eaten in, for the quality of food and price you pay, it gets top marks.

1  Thank Gordon P
Reviewed November 15, 2012

daniele is very kind and friendly and the food was amazing. He waited for us for a late lunch and served us a perfect chianina steak and incredible dessert!
The restaurant is comfy and warm.
Just perfect!

2  Thank sciarade
Reviewed October 2, 2012

My brother and his wife took the train from Montevarchi for a day in Firenze, we came to pick them up on their return and wandered around until we came upon Daniele e Riccardo. We were a bit early for an italian cena (7:30) pm but when we stuck out nose in the door and asked if we could sit, Daniele gave us a table. From there it was basically let him serve the four of us. From the House wine selection (a fair sangiovese/merlot blend witha Banfi label toughwe had a DOCG chianti for the second bottle) but antipasti misti for all plus papa pomodoro followed by a selection of pasta and a dolci platter was fabulous. DId I say fabulous, I mean fabulous. The place was busy with a party going on and the service by Daniele is very informal. A damn fine place that I highly recommend

1  Thank TomBoonen