“Great tour!”
Review of Viaggi d'Ambra

Viaggi d'Ambra
Ranked #1 of 1 Tours in Montevarchi
More attraction details
Owner description: We organize private excursions and driving tours in Tuscany and Italy for individual travellers who want to experience real people and places. Our “tailor-made” itineraries will introduce you to authenticity of food, wine, real tuscan life style and local culture of our homeland and its scenic countryside. We will do our best to make your days absolutely special and unforgettable, on board of our comfortable and fully licensed vehicles.
Reviewed October 7, 2013

My sister and I just returned from a great day with Azzurra touring through the Chianti region of Tuscany. It was soooo worth it! The day was relaxed and fun and Azzurra is clearly passionate about the area. She had such an extensive knowledge of the little towns, their histories, and took us to a couple of really nice wineries. We would have never had this experience on our own and will do something with her again on the next trip to Italy.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

We just returned from a 2 week anniversary trip to Italy. The highlight of our trip to Tuscany was a private day tour with Christian Scalone to the Chianti region. The scenery was superb, and the stops at little villages were a wonderful step back in time. Christian is such a wonderful person - super knowledgeable about the history and culture of the region, and a pleasure to spend the day with. After stopping at small towns, he took us to 2 wineries, one mid size where we had an extensive tasting with he and Barbara giving us background on all the different wines. So fantastic were the wines we could not resist buying a case. Later that day Christian brought us to a very small vineyard where we met the family owners. We learned all about the family buying the 3 hectares, while we spent time eating Italian meats and cheeses and drinking wine with the family and Christian, an incredible experience. Christian and Azzura helped coordinate transfers to and from our hotel in Siena from the Florence train station and to the Rome airport. Everything was perfect. We already are planning a return trip to Tuscany and will use Viaggi d'Ambra to help us explore other regions of Tuscany,

Reviewed September 10, 2013

My husband and I recently took a 10 day honeymoon to Italy. While in Florence we decided to do a private tour of Chianti. We booked our tour with Viaggi d'Ambra and had Christian Scalone as our private guide. We were picked up in the lobby of our hotel around 9:30am and went on a full day of the Chianti region. Christian first took us to Piazzale Michelangelo where we saw the most amazing views of Florence. We were able to take some pictures and enjoy the beautiful view of the city. We then headed to Chianti. We stopped for scenic pictures of some vineyards and Christian told us about the vine making process. He was very good about answering all of our questions and knew a lot about the process as well as the Chianti region. We stopped in San Gimignano where Christian gave my husband and I two hours on our own to explore the town. It is such a lovely town with shops, restaurants, and award winning gelato (which of course we had to try)! There were also vendors selling everything from leather, food, snacks, and souvenirs in the square. We saw some amazing views from San Gimignano of Chianti and did a wine tasting at a local winery that Christian had recommended. We even purchased a few bottles to bring home with us. San Gimignano is a historic town with so much to see. It did not disappoint. We had mentioned to Christian that we wanted to do a wine tasting at a local vineyard. He brought us to Altiero, a small vineyard that is family owned. We did a wine tasting in the familys house and were given cheeses, prosciutto, homemade bruschetta, and homemade marmalades to enjoy with our wine. Everything was divine, especially the wine! Of course we ended up purchasing several bottles to bring home! After our tasting the owner of the vineyard gave a us a tour and explained the process of wine making to use. We explored more of the Chianti region before finally returning back to our hotel in Florence around 5:30pm. Every moment spent in Chianti was an experience I will treasure for the rest of my life. Christian did an amazing job as our guide through Chianti. I would definitely recommend using Viaggi d'Ambra and requesting Christian if you are interested in any day trips while in Florence. I sincerely hope that my husband and I have another opportunity to use them again in the future. Ciao!

Reviewed September 10, 2013

My husband and I had a quick stopover in Florence while on our way to a wedding in northern Italy and wanted to make the most of the Tuscan wine country in what little time we had. Azzurra was incredibly accommodating to our requests - we had wanted a unique experience with small production wineries instead of those commonly found in the US. She also organized a lunch in a winemaker's home, prepared by the young couple at Altiero and served to us in their home overlooking the vineyards, instead of a more typical lunch in a local village restaurant. She catered to our knowledge, likes, and needs (even our scheduling issues!) with patience and kindness. The entire experience felt very personal - like traveling with a good friend, passionate about her culture, its history, and the country's gifts.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

I traveled to Italy for 8 days, 3 of the days we stayed in Tuscany. Christian picked us up on time and he ended up coordinating the next four days with my party of ten. There were several other drivers over the course of the three days and they were all extremely pleasant to be around. Christian was very knowledgble about all areas of Tuscany, he took us to many different villages, Pietenza, Siena, Medieval Villages, Radda and Chianti wine tasting. He was also very considerate as members of our group were struggling with being car sick he was able to split up a lot of the driving with picture opportunities. I strongly recommend Christian and his group if ever visiting Tuscany as they were fantastic.