“Beautiful and Authentic artwork!”
Review of Ceramiche Tavassi

Ceramiche Tavassi
Ranked #1 of 3 Shopping in Anacapri
More attraction details
Owner description: Workshop The authentic ceramics of Capri Island.
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Beautiful and Authentic artwork!”
Reviewed June 19, 2014

While my husband and I were visiting Capri, we stumbled upon this small shop while exploring Anacapri. I love painted tiles and ceramics, so I was immediately drawn into the store by all of the beautiful pieces! When I saw Gennaro painting in the back of the store, I knew we had come to the right place! We had a custom tile made for our house, which we received a few days ago, and it is BEAUTIFUL! (I could have easily bought 10 more things but my husband dragged me out of there!) When we looked through the design examples, we didn't find one that was exactly what we wanted, so we just described the changes we wanted to Attilia, who was extremely helpful. But when it arrived it was even better than we could have imagined! I love that Gennaro took some artistic liberties with the design, because he is clearly so creative! Somehow he knew what I wanted when I didn't even know what I wanted! It is so refreshing to find a true artist, someone who is doing authentic work with ceramics, when there are so many cheap knock-offs around the island. If you're going to buy one thing in your time on Capri, make sure it's something from Ceramiche Tavassi!!

1 Thank Kelsey C

• Turkish first
Greendale
“Taking home a treasure from Anacapri”
Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

What a fun place to visit. Beautiful artwork and the artist Gennaro in the shop concentrating on his work with delicate precision. His wife Attilia was a great hostess and spent lots and lots of time with us to make sure we got exactly the right piece - custom made for us. What better souvenir than something handmade right in Anacapri.

Visited June 2014
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Flawless handmade treasures”
Reviewed June 6, 2014

I have visited Capri twice and both times have gone to this lovely workshop to have these beautiful pieces shipped to my home. He can make everything customized to fit your needs. His work is amazing and is a must to bring a piece of Capri art home with you.

Visited June 2014
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Greatest Ceramics Shop in Anacapri”
Reviewed May 30, 2014

My wife and I were on our honeymoon with a short stay in Capri. Ceramiche Tavassi was right by the bed and breakfast where we stayed. After asking a previous store for pricing on a custom ceramic tile with our name on it (which was incredibly overpriced), we walked into Ceramiche Tavassi. Gennaro was very accommodating and worked with us until the design was perfect. His pricing was far more reasonable than the previous store. Once we received the sign itself, we realized his pricing was a bargain! The tile was beautiful and is definitely the best purchase we made in Anacapri. If you are looking for a great piece of work at a great price on the island of Capri, look no further.

2 Thank Michael V
AttiliaPassannante, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Ceramiche Tavassi, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear Customers,
we thank you and appreciate the time you have taken to leave us a review.
Actually, you are not the first client complaining about the high prices of other ceramics stores nearby; we absolutely don' t like to judge how they make business, but it's important that people know the reason why their prices are so high.
Walking through the narrow streets of Anacapri, you' ll see a lot of ceramics shops, but even if sellers will show you pictures of their presumed ceramics factories, the truth is that in Capri Island there are not ceramics factories at all, just few small workshops like ours.
They just sell ceramics coming from elsewhere but absolutely they don' t do it; consequently their prices are much higher than ours.
We are so happy to hear that you really like your custom made tile; we truly believe that the key to any business success comes down to customer satisfaction, and it's absolutely our top priority.
Thanks again for having chosen our workshop for your purchase!
San Francisco, California
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Beautiful ceramics!”
Reviewed May 24, 2014

What a beautiful store! I watched Gennaro painting tile with shells and a family name on it. What an artist he is! I spoke with his wife, Attilia, and ordered one. It arrived today and it's beautiful. I love sea shells and saw many items decorated with them. I also bought a pitcher, bowl and large plate. Everything arrived in perfect condition. It was packaged so well. I only wish I had more time in their lovely shop! I would feel comfortable contacting Attilia to order more pieces. I love what I have! They do custom work also and have a large book with samples to look thru. I enjoyed talking with Attilia who was very helpful and kind. I wish them much success!

2 Thank Jeannine G
AttiliaPassannante, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Ceramiche Tavassi, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Dear Customer,

we are sure that thanks to your feedback, other people coming from your amazing country will come to visit us. Thank you!!!
Our aim is to always meet our clients expectations; read that you really love what you' ve ordered is the best "gift" to all our work.
Our success are you and your appreciation!
We truly hope to see you soon, thanks again for having chosen our ceramics originally made in Capri!