We chose to stay in quieter Anacapri and were very pleased with this hotel. The pool was a godsend after a hot day of touring and travel. The free shuttle from the marina was such a blessing! (be sure to pre-arrange with them). The hotel is owned and run by a very friendly family, all of whom were helpful and pleasant. We purchased boat tour tickets from them (for the same price we would have paid at the marina), and when the weather turned ominous, they refunded our money in cash without hesitation and were very understanding. My only suggestion is that they should provide pool towels for no charge (they currently charge 2 euros per towel) - this would make the hotel seem much more luxurious (they could ask for a refundable deposit instead, if they are worried about losing towels). Food at the poolside cafe was pretty good! The breakfast was a bit bland and sparse, could use some fresh fruit and a bit more variety. The bus stop is right outside the hotel, and there is an ATM at the post office right next door. The center of Anacapri is a 2-minute walk from the hotel, with nice shops and restaurants. The amazing and dizzying views on the bus ride to Capri town and marina make staying in Anacapri even more worthwhile! It is an easy 10-minute walk through town to the chairlift to the top of the mountain.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Gem of the Gulf of Naples, for centuries Capri enchants for its wonderful combination of blue skies, landscapes, sea and light: an extraordinary mix of nature, art, culture and beau monde which have acclaimed the myth of the Island of Capri for its unchanged charm, still successful between tourists and visitors from all the corners of the World. The elegance of Capri, the fashion on Capri, the beautiful life style... are all statements with a common and unique denominator: the charming union between the landscapes of rare beauty and the warm and radiant atmosphere that filter into every aspect of daily life. A cup of coffee or an aperitif in the famous Piazzetta, great shopping opportunities in the typical shops and exclusive boutiques, a boat trip to discover the impressive Faraglioni and the prismatic colours of the Grotta Azzurra, a visit to the famous Villa of Axel Munthe and a romantic sunset on the beach: Capri is this and more...! In this charming and uncontaminated Paradise, the Hotel Carmencita is waiting for you, situated in a central location at short distance from the island's beaches and the local bus stops, and the most renowned tourist and cultural attractions, an ideal departure point for all the major touristic destinations of the Blue Island. The friendly and familiar atmosphere, the professionalism of the staff and the modern swimming pool will make unforgettable your stay in Capri. Hotel Carmencita provide free wi-fi connection in structure and in all rooms for our guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Carmencita reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Carmencita Hotel Anacapri
- Hotel Carmencita Island Of Capri/Anacapri, Italy