Tripadvisor
Anacapri
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews steep hill double shower the bus the owner chair lift our honeymoon his brother bed and breakfast croissants walk up great host villa san michele walked down amazing views bay of naples sunset chairlift
Selected filters
Reviewed August 23, 2019

Prepare, it takes indeed quite a climb to get to the B&B if you decide to walk up. Constanzo however is very friendly, is an expert of Anacapri/Capri and you may ask any information from him, he certainly will be there to help you. The room was quite small, but has everything you may need. What I would definitely mark however is the view: that is truly amazing both daytime and night time. Thank you for having us!

Date of stay: August 2019
Reviewed August 3, 2019

I am so happy that we decided to stay with Constanzo at B&B Monte Solaro. His home is incredible, multiple levels and spectacular views. Our rooms were great, with comfortable beds and spacious shower; everything was very clean and in good working order. Nice plunge pool and bathing deck, too. Breakfast was great (and I am picky). Lovely cappuccino every morning with croissants, yogurt, etc.

Some favorite things about this place and Costanzo...:

There is a great little covered bar area, where he serves breakfast each day. It was a nice communal spot for us, as we were traveling with another couple.

Constanzo knows EVERYONE, lol. He hooked us up with an awesome private boat trip around Isle of Capri, and a great restaurant.

They have a "restaurant" at the house! If his brother is available, he will come over and cook. There is nothing better than eating that local Italian food, cooked by Fernando, with an unbeatable view after a long day of being a tourist. They even made us spaghetti and meatballs, which is a running joke with us, and made my husband so happy. :)

Constanzo made us feel very at home, allowing us to store things in his fridge, and using the honor system for any adult beverages that we had been encouraged to help ourselves too.

He helped us with several arrangements for travel that my life a ton easier; big shout out for that.

Between the view and concierge service, there is really no better place to stay in Ana Capri!

The stairs are steep but very doable; if you want to view you have to go up! Totally worth it.

Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 13, 2019

B&B Monte Solaro was phenomenal! I ended up cancelling my stay in Florence to extend my stay in Anacapri/Capri. This B&B/Airbnb had the most spectacular view. The place was immaculately clean and the staff came in to clean and make the bed every morning around 10AM. Breakfast was provided every morning from 8AM-10AM. I wish it would have been warmer when I went so I could have fully experienced the pool during sunset. Constanzo had many suggestions for restaurants to eat at, but I would definitely recommend Ristorante La Zagara. It is a quick easy walk to the bus stop from the B&B, which I would recommend using to get to and from Capri from the B&B. The only thing which should be noted about this B&B is that it sits high up on a steep hill, so this B&B is not for the faint of heart or anyone with physical disabilities unless you have transportation arranged for to and from the B&B. Otherwise, plan on getting your heart rate up. I truly hope to go back to stay at B&B Monte Solaro one day.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank cehentko
Reviewed June 12, 2019 via mobile

Monte Solara Bed and Breakfast is a unique place to stay. The views from the terraces are absolutely stunning and the owner, Constanza makes sure you have everything that you need! It is a steep walk up to his place, but he gladly picks you up at the bottom of the road with a phone call.
Also, if you have the opportunity to eat dinner their on the higher terrace cooked by his brother Fernando or his mom, you will realize that you’ve eaten some of the best, if not the best, food on your trip.
My husband mentioned not having found meatballs and Fernando said that we would have them the next day if we wanted. He then went the next morning, bought the meat and mama made meatballs. I told him that I would hate missing Sunday pizza night and he went a whipped up some little pizzas!
I would definitely recommend this Bed and Breakfast to you!
Jeff and Liz Roberts, North Carolina.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 18, 2019

Costanzo and his family were very helpful, and the accommodations were clean and comfortable. There were nice touches like an umbrella to use on the day it was raining, and a heater for the nights when it was chilly. Breakfast was delicious and substantial. The view from the terrace is breathtaking!

Date of stay: April 2019