All reviews steep hill double shower the bus piazza della the owner chair lift blue grotto our honeymoon his brother bed and breakfast croissants villa san michele walked down bay of naples marina grande great hosts sunset
Selected filters
Reviewed June 13, 2019

B&B Monte Solaro was phenomenal! I ended up cancelling my stay in Florence to extend my stay in Anacapri/Capri. This B&B/Airbnb had the most spectacular view. The place was immaculately clean and the staff came in to clean and make the bed every morning around 10AM. Breakfast was provided every morning from 8AM-10AM. I wish it would have been warmer when I went so I could have fully experienced the pool during sunset. Constanzo had many suggestions for restaurants to eat at, but I would definitely recommend Ristorante La Zagara. It is a quick easy walk to the bus stop from the B&B, which I would recommend using to get to and from Capri from the B&B. The only thing which should be noted about this B&B is that it sits high up on a steep hill, so this B&B is not for the faint of heart or anyone with physical disabilities unless you have transportation arranged for to and from the B&B. Otherwise, plan on getting your heart rate up. I truly hope to go back to stay at B&B Monte Solaro one day.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank cehentko
Reviewed June 12, 2019 via mobile

Monte Solara Bed and Breakfast is a unique place to stay. The views from the terraces are absolutely stunning and the owner, Constanza makes sure you have everything that you need! It is a steep walk up to his place, but he gladly picks you up at the bottom of the road with a phone call.
Also, if you have the opportunity to eat dinner their on the higher terrace cooked by his brother Fernando or his mom, you will realize that you’ve eaten some of the best, if not the best, food on your trip.
My husband mentioned not having found meatballs and Fernando said that we would have them the next day if we wanted. He then went the next morning, bought the meat and mama made meatballs. I told him that I would hate missing Sunday pizza night and he went a whipped up some little pizzas!
I would definitely recommend this Bed and Breakfast to you!
Jeff and Liz Roberts, North Carolina.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 18, 2019

Costanzo and his family were very helpful, and the accommodations were clean and comfortable. There were nice touches like an umbrella to use on the day it was raining, and a heater for the nights when it was chilly. Breakfast was delicious and substantial. The view from the terrace is breathtaking!

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed November 4, 2018

We stayed here for 2 nights at the end of October on our honeymoon. The B&B is situated high up with incredible sea views from the terrace overlooking Anacapri and the bay of Naples beyond. Costanzo was a great host, picking us up from the bus station on our arrival and driving us up to the house to avoid the short steep trek with our luggage. Complimentary coffee, tea or limoncello was offered on arrival. The room was cozy and spotlessly clean with a large bathroom and double shower with rainfall shower head and body jets. The bed was extremely comfortable and we had two of the best nights sleep during our whole stay in Italy. Breakfast was plentiful with fresh fruits, croissants, yoghurts a selection of cheeses and meats and great coffee. Because of a promised storm which would affect the ferry crossings to Naples and the risk of us missing our flight home, Costanzo advised us on our second day to seriously consider cancelling our third night's stay and leaving for Naples a day early. Which we did and were glad we took his advice as all ferries were cancelled that day due to the severe storm. Costanzo re-funded us our money in full for the third night. This gesture spoke volumes about the integrity and guest-focus of this small family-run business and our only one regret was not getting to spend our third night here. A great place, if you stay on Capri I highly recommend you stay here!

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Eamon K
Reviewed October 15, 2018

Only stayed here for 1 night, but what a 2 days and 1 night it was.
Perfect location,stunning views and wonderful hosts. It is ideally placed for the chair lift to and from or the walk to and from the top of monte solar. We chair lift up and walked down. When we left we walked around the villa San Michele and down the Phonecian steps all the way to the harbour, the best part of 1 thousand steps with outstanding views. The walk was easier than expected all be it very steep at times, but would recommend highly.

Have every intention of coming back and will certainly be staying longer.

Thank you again for an amazing experience.

Keith and Val Sealy

Room tip: All rooms are perfect
Date of stay: October 2018