“Fantastic getaway, amazing people”
Review of La Guardia

La Guardia
Ranked #18 of 42 Anacapri B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 11, 2013

La Guardia is an amazing little bed and breakfast on the top of Anacapri. The location is fantastic. We were a 10 minute walk from both public and private beaches and had the most amazing views from the location. The owners were fantastic and helped us from the moment we got there. They knew everything about the island and we felt like family with them. They arranged for wonderful dinners, boat rides, and sightseeing. I could not have asked for a better vacation. Both owners are fluent in english and italian (and probably other languages as well!). For breakfast, Umberto made fresh croissants that were amazing. The owners love their place and wanted to share it with their guests. We will be back!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 20, 2013

Well, I'm not sure how to even start this review...when just by letting memories of La Guardia pass through my mind bring tears of happiness to my face. I spent 6 days, 6 beautiful and fabulous days, at B&B La Guardia, with Umberto and Ciro, as hosts, and my boyfriend who during that stay turned out to be(come) my fiancé!
He proposed to me on the heavenly small terace, which felt like was our own..well, everything there felt like home. Home made in heaven!
I fell in love with the island, especially Anacapri (part of Capri island), where La Guardia is situated, because it was so calm and peaceful, yet there were places to go see eat drink and swim nearby!
B&B is definitely a place of and for love (and lovers), place where you can sleep like a baby, swimm as much as you want and can in a little warm and clean swimming pool, where everything is surrounded with plenty of bougainvilleas...night lights, italian music (dj Umberto).
And - what I shouldn't forget - heavenly sunsets, every day, accompanied with a glass of fine italian wine, even famous caprese salad, made by Umberto!!
Considering narrowness of Capri island streets (if we could call them streets, or local roads - via's), I wouldn't recommend coming with a car, but even if you do, well, Umberto and Ciro will take care of everything, park it during your stay, keep it safe (even from sun), and give it a quick wash before departure.
All in all, for the last day, as my fiancé and I decided, our host rewarded us with a trip arround the whole island, by a beautiful boat. So it was a perfect ending to it all.

I already miss everything, and definitely want to come back. It is a place to see, to spend more than just 2 or 3 days, relax, soak up the sun and get "Capri" tan, enjoy in music, love, lizards, bougainvilleas, sea, rocks, mountains, long walks (and you will walk!!), limoncello, spectacular views....and all starting from B&B La Guardia!

Tihana & Borut (or as U&C called us, Tiziana e Boruk)

Room Tip: Just have to prepare yourself for mosquitos, but rooms are protected so be careful
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tihana8
Reviewed May 26, 2013

We've just come back from 7 nights at BBLaGuardia; it was hard to tear ourselves away from the views, the peace and above all from Umberto and Ciro, who "adopted" us. If its nightlife and easy transport that you want, then this place - well, the island as a whole really - is not for you. Don't expect huge rooms either. But our philosophy is that bedrooms are for sleeping in and it's the common space, the location and the hosts who make the experience and none of these can be faulted. Sun loungers, a small pool, comfortable chairs, a flower filled terrace (certainly in May), breakfast outdoors overlooking the Med, a small fridge in your room, welcome drinks and snacks, free (though occasionally intermittent) wifi.
Breakfast is fairly basic; yoghurt, a croissant, dried biscuit, juice, coffee or tea ... and fruit. Our beds were good and hard and the shutters and curtains did a good job of shutting out the light. Umberto and Ciro are mostly at home, pottering around. Depending on how WE felt, we were either left to our own devices or embraced into the household.
Would we go back? That would be an emphatic yes from both myself and my 13 year old daughter.
To get there, take the bus from Marine Grande to Anacapri terminus; Umberto will pick you up if he knows what bus you are on. This B&B is halfway to Faro - indeed there is a nice but steep 20 minute walk to the lighthouse from just next door - so unless you are big into walking up hills you will want to use the bus service (every 20 minutes until c. 9pm) from Faro-Anacapri.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 10, 2013

We originally had booked a two night stay but after spending a ten minute car ride with the charming and energetic umberto and stepping onto the terrace and seeing the view booked a third night right away. Clean and comfortable rooms, wine and snacks on the terrace on arrival. What really makes this place special are the hosts umberto and ciro. Umberto can recommend you anythibg you need, his freindliness, graciuosness and generosity are incredible, coming back from a day of walking around the island umberto invited us for dessert and drinks with his friends. Brilliant!

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed February 18, 2013

A few years ago, my husband and I stayed at La Guardia over the Easter Holidays. Umberto had arranged for a taxi to collect us from the port and we felt at home immediately. The ride to our accommodation was spectacular and Umberto was there to greet us on arrival. Our room was absolutely beautiful, not large but very comfortable. Umberto advised us on where to eat, where to visit,advice on transport,walks to take. Yes Capri is touristy but it is easy to get away from the crowds and on an evening when the day trippers leave the island takes on a magic all of its own. We had a magical Easter there ,one that I remember with great affection. Ciro and Umberto are truly wonderful hosts.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 5, 2011

Another long overdue review, we stayed 3 or 4 years ago.....ok so it is a little out of the way, but when i look back on my trip to capri i remember most fondly this b&b, the hosts, the amazing view (completely still water) and the walk back to the b&b. It was real italy staying with real people. The rooms are a little small but the view makes up for this. Umberto the host is amazing. (we came back late one night and ciro told us that he had been up all night worrying about us!!- we felt very bad- but where else would your hosts treat you like family like this!!) He also organised us taxis to two restaurants where i had two of the most lovely meals ever. i only wish i could remember the name. Ask him for the one that looks out to the bay of naples. The gnocci in gorgozola is hands down the best dish of my life. i talk about it all the time. The roads of capri are like little toy town roads with tiny cars. Very cute. You do need to walk a bit from anacapri so i would recommend the bus but we missed it one time and walked at midnight and was no problem. This was one of those locations with a view which makes you start designing what your home in that spot would be like!!

Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HG001London
Reviewed August 22, 2011

I've been there the forth time and I don't understand the negative reviews. The B&B 2011 was restored, and for a privat B&B is very good maintaind and not expensive riguarding the usual Capri level. I think that the most of objections could be spared if the tourist would inform itself also through the internet befor visiting Capri. (i.e. busses to get, prices, etc.)
Here is a very good website for infos about Naples and Capri: www.italy-city-travel-guides.com or www. cities-step-by-step-com.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo