“Lovely spot for lunch!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Materita

Materita
Ranked #32 of 52 Restaurants in Anacapri
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Williamstown, MA
“Lovely spot for lunch!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2014

I am surprised by the negative reviews I've seen here for Ristorante Materita -- our experience was just the opposite. This restaurant shares a lovely square with the beautiful church of St. Sophia. We had lunch on their long, narrow porch and watched school children hurry through the square going home for their lunch and locals going about their day.

Our pizzas and salads were delicious and the beer and wine were good. Maybe we're easily satisfied, but there were no complaints from our foursome -- good food and drink, a beautiful place to enjoy a quiet lunch and rest from exploring Anacapri -- and friendly service! What's not to like?

• Visited May 2014

• Turkish first
Zurich, Switzerland
“Excellent Pizza!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

This place is perfect to enjoy a great pizza and a nice view on the church and the small square. We went there for lunch and we would surely come back!

Visited May 2014
“definately not one of the better ones”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

We passed during the day and it looked ok so went back for dinner. The table was cramped, the waiter could not have cared a less, the food was thrown at us. As for the quality of the food - poor.
We had the special local fish. Over cooked, poorly filleted and thrown on a plate with a few sliced potatoes and we were charged 77 euros for the that.
Would we go again NO WAY
D &B, Kent, UK 12th May 14

• Visited May 2014
New Jersey
“WORTH THE FIVE MINUTE WALK”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

The public bus drops you at Piazza Victoria. Do not waste your time eating there. Just a five minute walk down Via G. Orlandi pass the Casa Rosa you will find the best pizza in Anacapri.
You will come across Restaurant Materita at the corner across from the Church of St. Sofia.
We enjoyed both their D.O.C. (buffalo mozzarella, grape tomatoes and basil) and the Siciliana (olives, capers, anchovies with tomato sauce and spices). Prices very reasonably. Service was very pleasant, but a bit slow, yet adequate for us. We went there twice during our extended stay on Capri.

• Visited September 2013
“Less than average”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

I should have paid more attention to the bad reviews than the good ones. The waiter obviously did not know the menu. My wife got both her courses at the same time and I did not get my second, because the waiter had apparently not understood that I wanted a second course. I had to ask for Parmesan to my pasta and as soon as I had helped myself, the cheese was taken away. The house wine was good, but my bolognese and veal was not more than average.