I stayed at the Villa Evan for 3 nights about a week ago ( Oct. 2012) with 3 girl friends of mine. Upon finally arriving to the Villa Eva we were dropped off by a very very expensive taxi ride at the bottom of a drive way and told to walk. Bags in hand we walked, and walk, the signage to the Villa Eva was not well marked and it was hard to know where to go to check in. We found what we thought was the office however there was no one around. Eventually someone did come and checked us in and showed us to our room. As nice as it was to be checked in any questions we asked she responded with "you can ask my brother or his wife". SO we were left a little clue less.
Our room was nice, nothing too special but nice and clean. We had four twin size beds, 2 down stairs and 2 upstairs. Our own bathroom and a small living room area with couch and TV. I can't say that the bed very comfortable but i have slept on worse. There was room service everyday which provided clean towels. There was also breakfast served each morning by the pool which again was nothing special but did the job. A small variety of breads, yogurt, and the like.
during our stay we seemed to be the only guest our first night while 2 other couples came the second night. Over all the resort was pretty quiet. There is no doubt that the Villa Eva is not a great location. If you're looking to be close to everything this is not the place. we took the bus anytime we wanted to get anywhere and ended up planning our days so that we wouldnt have to come back and forth between the Villa, the bus isn't too expensive (1.80 eruo a trip) but it does add up when you have to take 3 buses just to get to Capri and another 3 to get back.
- it was fairly quiet while we were there
- free breakfast
- room service and clean towels
- we got beach towels & didn't have to pay the 5 euro like it says on the sign
-free wifi at the pool
-the price for the 4 of us for 3 nights was very reasonable
-it is far away from everything
-it was hard to find staff/family members when we needed something or had a question
-you have to pay in cash or you get charged 6% of the cost if you try and use a card
-if you want to use AC you pay for it (we didn't use it)
-there are not a lot of restaurants close by
-the key to our door was really hard to use & often resulted in taking 10+ min for us to open the door or having to go find someone to help us (which was never an easy task)
Over all we did have a nice time visiting Capri and our stay at the Villa Eva was nice. However i don't think i would stay there again just because of the distance from everything and the fact that it is often hard to find staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Residence Villa Eva Capri Island ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, Agoda, Cheap Tickets and HostelWorld so you can book your Villa Eva reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Eva Hotel Anacapri
- Eva Hotel Anacapri
- Villa Eva Island Of Capri/Anacapri, Italy