Hotel San Michele
$192
Bougainville(Anacapri)
$182
$171
Melia Villa Capri Hotel & Spa(Anacapri)
$483
$457
Melia.com
Casa Mariantonia(Anacapri)(Great Value!)
$256
$250
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Villa Ceselle(Anacapri)(Great Value!)
$137
$151
$137
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewscosmos tourthe buspanoramic sea viewpenthouse suitemassage chairhuge swimming poolbay of naplesamazing viewsrow boatolder hotelshower curtaintwo nightsthe hotel sitsshort walkstunning locationana caprimount solaro
Reviewed September 23, 2013

The best thing they offer is the view from the top terrace, and the free shuttle service. Our room, 179 euro, was really disappointing for a 4-star hotel, albeit in Capri, very old bathroom fixtures, sad furniture, dirty floor. I saw the cleaning lady removing a third bed from a room next door that was so battered and dirty I wanted to take a picture but it was too sad. Average breakfast, BAD coffee. Unfortunately I was there for work and could not use the pool, which looked nice.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank TuscanPledges
Reviewed September 10, 2013

My wife and 7 yr old daughter spent 11 nights at the beginning of August at the hotel San Michele .
Firstly the people were lovely and friendly and the pool area was great too. The hotel had a real family run atmosphere, we had lunch nearly everyday by the pool and the food was fantastic apart from the second to last day when my wife found some glass in her salad. I feel uncomfortable mentioning this however the fact that she nearly swallowed the glass and then we were still billed for the lunch disappointed us somewhat. When we initially arrived at the hotel we were pleased to find the hotel in a beautiful position overlooking the bay, with a reception full of antiques and paintings very nice. When we entered our room, I turned to my wife and straight away said we are not stopping here. We complained to the reception desk and we were assured we would move rooms next evening ( are shower didn't work, so no shower after the journey) which did happen.
We booked our holiday through Easyjet but never again, we told them the intubation and they ave us a faithful promise that it old e sorted and a representative would ring us , never happened. The we room was much better but probably only just made it to Italian 4 star standard. Please let me re-iterate this family run hotel is quite charming but they all need to try harder and not pass the book on different matters. Claudio at lunchtime was excellent as was max in the bar.

Room Tip: Don't book through easyjet.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Etoetoeto
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Great location on top of the island with beautiful views. The hotel is in need of updating but it was clean. Our bed was round. The bathroom had a giant blue tile tub, a bit dated. It is important to note that the hotel does offer a shuttle to the hotel. The hotel is not in walking distance from the ferry. Also there is no ATM in the location of the ferry, go to the ATM in Sorrento before heading to Island of Capri.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 4, 2013

This hotel is located at the top of the mountain in AnaCapri and the has a great view of the ocean and is walking distance to the small town of Anacapri, the only problem is that that is the only nice thing about this hotel. From the outside it doesnt look that bad but once you enter the hotel you notice immediately how outdated it is. The staff hardly speaks English so it was hard to communicate with them unless you spoke Italian. (Obviously I realize that I am in Italy and not everyone speaks English, but all of the other hotels we stayed at in Italy knew some English and were very helpful, not this one though.) We stayed with a group of friends and family and each person had a different style room. Unfortunately the majority of us all felt that we were not pleased with the room. The decor in the hotel is old, dreary and very thrown together. The rooms were simple and very small. I will say though that the rooms were clean. Not all of the rooms have a average size shower either. Some of the men had trouble fitting into them at all. The room key is the old school key and keychain, problem is the keychain was metal and weighed about 5lbs. Very heavy! The hand towels in the room were not actual towels but more like cloth restaurant napkins. (they did have regular bath towels though, thank god) The breakfast restaurant in the hotel was minimal and hardly had anything to eat. The staff at the hotel restaurant was unfriendly and unwelcoming. I contemplated giving this hotel a "poor" rating, but decided to give it "average" because the of the location to the town of AnaCapri. I would recommend you stay at the hotel Caesar Augustus across the street from the San Michele. This hotel was beautiful, but unfortunately 3 times the price of San Michele.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Leah K
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Horrible, horrible, horrible!

Really, first time in my life i was so dissapointed with a hotel. It is nothing about 4 star hotel, it is maiximum 2-3 stars and just because of a view. I stayed in 3 star much better than this one. But be sure the view you see only from the one side of the hotel and it is more expensive. We stayed in a simple classic one, our view was just a durty garden and parking in front of the hotel. The rooms are very very old, i mean ancious, seriously, the staff smells old, the bathroom i've never seen the same even in hostels around the world. The frigo bar was turned of. You just can repaire clearly that it was may be good in 60th or 70th, since that the family did not invest even an euro cent to repaire and renew the hotel.
It was so sad cause we were in the honey moon and was our last point of journey. Just do not go to Capri even not to Sorrento and all theses cities in the south of Italy. Just do not worth it.
The old ladies that stay here are those who can not read the Tripadvisor comments, you know? But one day I'm sure it will be closed, cause it is clear that the owner does not want to make it better spend money.

Hope you will not stay in San Michele. Very poor.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple