All reviews the bus minute walk highly recommend staying here marina grande sea view enjoyed our stay pool area amazing views narrow streets breakfast was excellent yogurt amalfi coast free shuttle visiting capri chair lift angela domenico
Selected filters
Reviewed August 12, 2019

Wonderful, relaxing, very clean and helpful! Angela made our Anacapri Holiday a beautiful experience for our family! She sent the hotel car to pick us up and drop us off at the port. She was incredibly helpful with all of our questions, assisted us with making reservations for dinner, and our teenage boys were treated very well. A must stay in Anacapri!

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 2, 2019

We booked a packaged trip and it included a stay at the Hotel for 2 nights. We do not know what we paid for the specific hotel so it’s hard to comment on value. The check-in process was smooth and accommodating. They even picked us up at the ferry dock making it super easy to navigate around. Being in Anacapri was a very nice location with amazing views. The pool was nice. The walk to town is doable but takes a little bit and has some hills. We were in room 5 without a view and tucked underneath check in. Breakfast set up was standard affair but with great views. The beds were the best of our trip. The air conditioning was good for us. The service was great throughout our stay, helping with how to navigate and get where we needed.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 28, 2019 via mobile

We stayed for 3 nights after traveling through Italy for 15 days. Our favorite place for sure. Excellent communication through WhatsApp, shuttle to and from ferry, efficient and kind staff. Very near bus stop and 10 min walking to center of Anacapri. Much quieter and quainter than staying in Capri. 24 hour desk service. They suggested excellent restaurants, and even arranged to have a restaurant bring the camera cap I left while dining. Gorgeous pool with towels. They let us bring towels to beach. We loved it here and it was a wonderful conclusion to our trip!

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed July 28, 2019 via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay. Its a perfect place for a friends group traveling.Staff are extremely helpful and nice. The view is magnificent, rooms are clean and wide and the location is wonderful with 5 minutes walk to the bus station.

Reviewed July 4, 2019

I stayed here a number of years ago and loved it. I am sure it is still good accommodations. My problem with them is honesty. I booked through Booking.com and because of an emergency I canceled too late to get reimbursed. That is fair. According to the rules I had to cancel much earlier. But through Bookings.com they wanted to appear flexible and wrote to me that they would try to sell my room so I would not have to pay. 600 euros is not a little so I called, I checked on availability (all booked), my Italian wife called. I wrote. They responded mocking me saying I probably didn't have an emergency since I called and wrote and that I did not respect their job. My friend with whom I was supposed to travel went and loved it. I can't blame her. It is a nice place. But she told me it was all full. So in effect they lied saying they would try to sell my room for me. Instead, they took advantage of the situation by taking my money and selling it again. I would not be upset if they just didn't say anything to look good to Bookings.com.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
IlGirasoleCapri, Direttore at Hotel Il Girasole, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2019

Dear Mr. Freeman,
Our cancellation policy is this: free cancellation within 7 days of arrival. You asked to cancel a few days before and booking.com replied that it was not possible. We have offered to try to sell the room, 3 nights, but we have not succeeded. We offered you this solution even though we were not obliged. Did the airline do the same? I do not think so. You call us "dishonest" and write this review to screw up our hotel because you wanted to cancel two days before without paying, I think this is dishonest. We suggest buying travel insurance if there is any problem in sight before your holidays.