All reviews the bus minute walk highly recommend staying here marina grande enjoyed our stay pool area amazing views ocean view narrow streets breakfast was excellent amalfi coast free shuttle visiting capri chair lift angela port domenico
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed for 3 nights after traveling through Italy for 15 days. Our favorite place for sure. Excellent communication through WhatsApp, shuttle to and from ferry, efficient and kind staff. Very near bus stop and 10 min walking to center of Anacapri. Much quieter and quainter than staying in Capri. 24 hour desk service. They suggested excellent restaurants, and even arranged to have a restaurant bring the camera cap I left while dining. Gorgeous pool with towels. They let us bring towels to beach. We loved it here and it was a wonderful conclusion to our trip!

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay. Its a perfect place for a friends group traveling.Staff are extremely helpful and nice. The view is magnificent, rooms are clean and wide and the location is wonderful with 5 minutes walk to the bus station.

Reviewed July 4, 2019

I stayed here a number of years ago and loved it. I am sure it is still good accommodations. My problem with them is honesty. I booked through Booking.com and because of an emergency I canceled too late to get reimbursed. That is fair. According to the rules I had to cancel much earlier. But through Bookings.com they wanted to appear flexible and wrote to me that they would try to sell my room so I would not have to pay. 600 euros is not a little so I called, I checked on availability (all booked), my Italian wife called. I wrote. They responded mocking me saying I probably didn't have an emergency since I called and wrote and that I did not respect their job. My friend with whom I was supposed to travel went and loved it. I can't blame her. It is a nice place. But she told me it was all full. So in effect they lied saying they would try to sell my room for me. Instead, they took advantage of the situation by taking my money and selling it again. I would not be upset if they just didn't say anything to look good to Bookings.com.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
IlGirasoleCapri, Direttore at Hotel Il Girasole, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2019

Dear Mr. Freeman,
Our cancellation policy is this: free cancellation within 7 days of arrival. You asked to cancel a few days before and booking.com replied that it was not possible. We have offered to try to sell the room, 3 nights, but we have not succeeded. We offered you this solution even though we were not obliged. Did the airline do the same? I do not think so. You call us "dishonest" and write this review to screw up our hotel because you wanted to cancel two days before without paying, I think this is dishonest. We suggest buying travel insurance if there is any problem in sight before your holidays.

Reviewed June 24, 2019 via mobile

Off the beaten track, Hotel I’ll Girasole, allowed us to escape from hordes of tourists... sitting under an Arbor covered with flowers, gazing at the Bay of Naples provided a welcome change from the heat and activity of the port and the Amalfi Coast... nearby restaurants picked us up for dinner and the hotel furnished transportation to the ferry and the center of Anacapri... traveling with a cane, I was very conscious of the multiple levels and many steps in the facility as well as the long kilometer to get to the center of Anacapri... that said, I managed and really enjoyed our stay at this hidden gem!

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 18, 2019

I loved staying here, and I think Anacapri is way better than Capri. You can hear the birds chirping, it’s quiet, and way less tourists. If you’re coming to Capri to experience the “luxurious life”, don’t stay in Anacapri. Il Girasole is way more relaxed and serene than the other places. The rooms here were nice, the pool was great, and the view was amazing. My WiFi worked the entire time, including by the pool! The service is also fantastic! Dominico picked us up from the ferry and saved us $100 on a taxi..he also took us back down to the ferry. It’s a 5 minute walk to any bus, and there are gorgeous routes you can take to wineries and beaches. I highly recommend staying here and exploring Anacapri!

Date of stay: June 2019