All reviews the bus minute walk marina grande highly recommend staying here enjoyed our stay pool area views are stunning ocean view narrow streets breakfast was excellent amalfi coast free shuttle visiting capri chair lift angela port domenico
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Off the beaten track, Hotel I’ll Girasole, allowed us to escape from hordes of tourists... sitting under an Arbor covered with flowers, gazing at the Bay of Naples provided a welcome change from the heat and activity of the port and the Amalfi Coast... nearby restaurants picked us up for dinner and the hotel furnished transportation to the ferry and the center of Anacapri... traveling with a cane, I was very conscious of the multiple levels and many steps in the facility as well as the long kilometer to get to the center of Anacapri... that said, I managed and really enjoyed our stay at this hidden gem!

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I loved staying here, and I think Anacapri is way better than Capri. You can hear the birds chirping, it’s quiet, and way less tourists. If you’re coming to Capri to experience the “luxurious life”, don’t stay in Anacapri. Il Girasole is way more relaxed and serene than the other places. The rooms here were nice, the pool was great, and the view was amazing. My WiFi worked the entire time, including by the pool! The service is also fantastic! Dominico picked us up from the ferry and saved us $100 on a taxi..he also took us back down to the ferry. It’s a 5 minute walk to any bus, and there are gorgeous routes you can take to wineries and beaches. I highly recommend staying here and exploring Anacapri!

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

just what we needed, amazing view, relaxing, not that far from centr, no matter u can ask for free shutle, amazing comunication, pool with snack bar, delicious breakfast, free shutle to port, i dont have anything to say there was something wrong...wow..

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 11, 2019

Beautiful and secluded hotel in the hill of Anacapri, a bit off the main roads for extra quiet and serenity. We booked their two big suites which were beautifully decorated, spacious, and clean with a direct view of the ocean. Select these ocean view rooms for the full Capri Island effect. The reception staff was very professional and helpful, they speak English and other languages. They also pick you up at the marina and shuttle you around for free! Ask for "Dominique" at the front desk or "Angela" for extra pampering, they are so helpful and friendly. Their breakfast is fantastic don't skip it! I highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Capri.

Room tip: Book the Oceanview Suites
Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed May 24, 2019

This place is in the middle of nowhere; far from everything ! Worst position you can imagine. People who leave good reviews (or say "slightly in the suburbs") don't probably have an idea of how Capri/Anacapri is.
This is why they have a shuttle; otherwise it would be a total nightmare because it takes forever to reach anywhere in Anacapri. (the driver Gaetano is a very sweet guy though)
The rooms are insanely small. Seriously: i coudn't even open the luggage.
WIFI doesn't work, so if by any chance you need it, you're in troubles. (I needed for work!!)
I was so desperate after 1 night that I decided to move, and of course, I have been charged for the 3 nights I had booked, which was not properly cheap.
You can get so much better for the same price, if not less.
Worst experience ever.

Room tip: no good rooms at all
Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
IlGirasoleCapri, Direttore at Hotel Il Girasole, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2019

Dear Ema,
I believe that your WIFI didn't work for you even before book. Why didn't you do a simple google search? It was enough to read a few
review, see the location on Google Maps and then decide to book or not. If you want potatoes you don't have to buy tomatoes. So you're saying that 400 people have no idea what Capri is, while you do. Okay. Our hotel is located in the middle of the nature, overlooking the sea with beautiful sunsets. Il Girasole is 300 meters from the bus terminal and less than 1km from the center of Anacapri. We offer a shuttle service from the Port of Capri to avoid having our guests pay 40 euros for a taxi or wait an hour for the bus. Leaving a review to vent your frustrations seems inappropriate, thanks anyway.