All reviews the bus above ground clean hotel helpful in every way sparkling clean blue grotto stayed here for one night friendly and helpful owners late at night hotel is located included breakfast quiet location chair lift monte solaro amazing views capri town rita
Reviewed August 23, 2018 via mobile

I’ve just spent a week in Hotel Bussola in Anacapri with my two kids (4&6) and I have to say I’ve never had a better hotel experience, (I’m including the many 5*Star hotels I’ve stayed all over the world). From the moment we arrived we were greeted with warmth and a friendly welcome. Our triple room was very comfortable and had a lovely view of the sunset, magnifico! The air conditioning was set to perfect temperature and our room was immaculately cleaned every day. They even brought us a massive plate of the tastiest watermelon one evening.

I thought I had lost my phone one of the days and they offered to give me a spare mobile, who does this? Never have I ever been treated so well and felt so at home in a hotel. By far the most wonderful hotel experience ever. This hotel is well run by kind, good people. I’ve been coming to Anacapri for 17 years and always find Caprese people so friendly. This was my first time in this hotel and certainly won’t be my last.

My kids were so happy every day and already asking to come back again next year.

Highly recommend this family friendly hotel.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed August 11, 2018 via mobile

We loved our stay in this beautiful hotel and the staff were fantastic. The surroundings are beautiful and it even has a nice little garden area with a small above ground pool and some nice terraced areas. The only downside is the walk from Anacapri town which tooks us 10-15 minutes and we are young and fit. There are some fairly steep hills. Although they will pick you up when you arrive and drop you off when you leave. I would absolutely recommend the hotel and would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 18, 2018

I can easily say that this has proven to be the WORST ever experience with any 'hotel' for me in Europe in the 13 years I have lived and travelled in various cities here! This place shouldn't badge itself as a 3 star hotel, SHOULD MORE APTLY BE CALLED A 2 STAR HOSTEL! It was so bad that we left a day earlier than our stay!! We visited last year for a friend's wedding on the island but it has left such a long-lasting NEGATIVE memory that I had to leave a review. I just can't forget the terrible experience at this place! I went there with high hopes, mind! Where do I even begin??? There were yellow stains on the pillowcases. The towels - extremely RAGGY and hard from over use and over-washing, you felt like you could exfoliate your whole body instead of wiping yourself dry! The hot water supply did not work all the time. The water pressure in the shower and bidet was very poor and NOT up to scratch. The wardrobe was made of flimsy pieces of wood which was falling apart, revealing gaps! The bed was extremely flimsy and easily movable on it's flimsy wheels! You could just move the bed by being on it!! The toilet flushed very very slowly. The toilet itself was very cramped, with not enough space between commode and bidet for an adult to sit comfortably, perhaps only for a child!! Only 1 10ml measly satchet of shower gel was provided everyday as the only 'toiletries' for showering and washing one's hair!! The sun loungers were made of flimsy plastic and half broken, they DO NOT look like the photos on the hotel's website! We had the WORST sleep ever at this place. the sound-proofing in this place is just APPALLING. We were kept awake ALL NIGHT with the sound from the ceiling - as if elephants were walking up and down the hotel (actually hostel!!!) and people coming in at all times, slamming doors and stomping in the corridor! We complained about this and asked for a note to be kindly put at the main door, asking people not to slam it so hard and be quiet in the communal areas. The lady at the reception agreed but DID NOT leave that note at the door! The mattress was as thin as a pancake. Pillows - horribly flat.. We requested an extra pillow for myself at the reception, which the lady promised to provide but we DID NOT get one. So we foolishly stayed here the second night as well with almost no sleep at all due to the noise and inferior quality of bedding!! The breakfast was also scanty and not substantial at all.

However the VERY LAST STRAW was - when we returned home at night, only to find at least 10 FLIES sitting in the toilet bowl (commode). The very DISGUSTING sight made me wretch! My husband spent all night killing flies from the toilet so that I could 'relax'! Needless to say, we could not handle it ANY LONGER and desperately planned our quickest escape from this hell-ish experience. All the remaining hotels in Capri were sold out or too pricy for us so we LEFT this place a day earlier and got a ferry to Sorrento (where incidentally I had the best HOTEL experience and SERVICE I have ever experienced in Europe). Someone needs to report so-called HOTEL to the AAA or whichever authority gives hotel star ratings and STRIP it of it's stars and DEMOTE it to a HOSTEL. Note to hotel staff -STOP buying hideous statues to decorate the place and INVEST in some quality, basic amenities and hygienic practices instead!!! I would give it ZERO stars if I could, but have given only 1 star for the hotel staff, who drove us to the wedding and appeared friendly (but didn't always do what we requested).. We cannot believe that we paid almost £150 for a stay in HELL on the Paradise Island of Capri. NEVER AGAIN. NEVER AGAIN. NEVER AGAIN. Avoid at all costs if you VALUE sanity, hygiene and comfort at the slightest!!!!

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 16, 2018 via mobile

Wonderful - easy scenic walk into town - hotel is sparkling clean and staff are extremely kind and genuine. U could not find a better place to stay - we spent 3 days there - blue grotto in the early morning to avoid crowds by local bus from Anacapri and there was no queue - rented a private boat for 3 hrs to tour island and swam in coves - next day up the chair lift for amazing views - the sunset from the hotel terrace is also not to be missed

Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed July 11, 2018

It is a nice, comfortable, and clean hotel a short walk from the center of Anacapri. But its main attraction is its staff: incredibly friendly, efficient, and helpful in every way. Rita is a real treasure; I've stayed in dozens and dozens of hotel throughout the world, but Rita is the top: warm, welcoming, informative, and highly professional. Next time in Anacapri I'll stay at Bussola again.

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple