My friend and I stayed here for 2 nights on a weekend trip to Capri. Although we enjoyed our stay, there were some aspects that could have been improved, and so would cause me to try somewhere different next time.
The room was basic but clean and comfortable, as was the bathroom. The hotel has a beautifully decorated hallway and also a nice cosy reading area, with a book-swap system. The price wasn't great, but seems pretty standard for Capri, which is expensive in general.
My complaints are small, but I will note them anyway. First is that the lock on our sliding door (leading out to a small balcony area) did not work. The second relates to a small incident that occurred one morning at breakfast time (a usual simple Italian help-yourself affair with cornetti, cake, cereal etc). My friend (who I was staying at the hotel with) got up to get a second cornetto (Italian croissant), after she had finished her first one. When the staff member saw her, she told my friend that there was only one croissant per person. I understand that the hotel is perfectly free to have such a policy but it was a bit embarrassing for my friend to be told she couldn't help herself to another cornetto (bearing in mind that it was a buffet table, after all) in front of other hotel guests in the dining room. A better solution, if indeed the hotel has such a policy (as I am sure I saw people the next day having more than one with no response from the staff), would be to have a small sign by the cornetti indicating that there is only one per person. This experience really wasn't too big a deal, it just detracted from the overall 'welcome' we had at the hotel - something I think is really important in the hospitality industry, particularly if you are paying a fair amount per night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A wonderful welcoming hotel, in neo classic style, rooms are furnished with all comfort, some with private terrace overlooking the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, HostelWorld, Agoda, Cancelon, Priceline, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Hotel Bussola reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bussola Di Hermes Hotel
- Bussola Di Hermes Anacapri
- Hotel Bussola Island Of Capri/Anacapri, Italy