Ways to Experience Villa San Michele
from $93.00
from $883.80
from $130.80
1,749 results
All reviews beautiful garden interesting history his life stunning views bay of naples marina grande the main square the bus entrance fee chair lift doctor swedish sphinx dr author artifacts physician
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Having been told about this attraction, I read up on Axel Munthe before we went, as I had never heard of him before - useful to have some idea as a background. It is worth going. What a lovely villa, and fully of Roman artefacts found or acquired by him. I loved the kitchen with a photo of one of his 'helpers' standing at the actual stove probably over 100 years ago. It is worth the trouble of reading all the information as you go round. The gardens are amazing with fantastic views from some spots. Probably a bit expensive for a family, at 7 euros each (not sure if they have the under 25/over 65 discount that they offer for tourist sites in Naples) and probably not interesting for young children.

1  Thank dupeyabu
Reviewed July 22, 2013

The description (museum, garden, galleries, etc.) didn't thrill this husband, but I went along anyway and was very glad I did. The house/museum itself is interesting, but the main highlights for us were the terrific gardens with amazing views and, even more, the cafe -- just about the best setting for a cafe you can imagine, with good food/drink as well. The guidebooks said it is usually super crowded, but there were no crowds or lines when we went -- just lucky I guess.

3  Thank HudsonValleyNY
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Axel Munthe: Story of San Michele, the book about origin of this villa. Something about history of Anacapri. Nice garden, and spendid views

Reviewed July 18, 2013

This villa is so amazing that I had to go home and buy Munte's book "The Story of San Michele". The book is wonderful. If visiting Capri please put the Villa San Michele (Anacapri) on your list of places to visit. You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

We did visit the villa in the early morning, it was nice and quiet compared to the rest of capri. Beautifull gardens with good views. Stop at the cafe and have a coffee on the terrace, peacefull (when we were there). Villa is very close to chairlift and the Chiesa San Michelle