WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in Anacapri
atlanta
“ABSOLUTELY AMAZING”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

Just stayed at this property on the island of Capri.....and I'm dying to return. Every thing from the time of the arrival to the departure is just unreal. The staff was wonderful and never had an attitude, the rooms were beyond clean and opulent.....AND MAKE SURE YOU GO TO THE BEACH CLUB!!!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

We recently stayed here for a portion of our honeymoon. The location is great and the staff is very helpful and accommodating. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a relaxing stay in Anacapri/Capri area, but is willing to pay a moderate price for service.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

Without too many words, the Capri Palace Hotel is the only place to stay on the island. It’s quintessential Capri. This is my wife & I's 4th stay now at the hotel. Yes it’s pricey but that's Capri. Anyone who's anyone stays here (we recommend one of the themed suites, such as the 'Marilyn' or the exotic penthouse, the 'Paltrow').

The new private beach club for hotel guests only, 'Il Riccio', is just outstanding with the best restaurant & sundecks on the island outside of the hotel itself.

When staying in Capri, we definitely recommend a private 4 hour sunset tour around the island with Gianni's Boat Tours (per the hotels personal verbal recommendation). You can pre-arrange this with Gianni through email & phone (he has a great website with all his contact details & information for his many tours & options). Gianni is very trustworthy & will look after all your needs (towels, food, drinks, sun screen, etc.) & he has the best & largest wooden Gozzo boats on the island (a truly romantic & amazing experience).

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

We recently spent two days in Capri and stayed at Capri Palace Hotel and Spa. The location was beautiful and the property exquisite. The service was great and all the staff members friendly. Unfortunately it does feel like a hotel and lacks the heart as expected from an Italian establishment.

Great in all other measures.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Scottsdale, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

It was a beautiful hotel in a great location. Our room was lovely and very clean. The front desk and wait staff with the exception of one person was excellent. The view was nice but you are really far of course from the sea. Upon check in, I was so happy to be there. The desk clerk told us that we should go to the restaurant for a short time while they prepare our room. After being seated, I asked where the restroom was and the waiter accompanied me to the restroom. This was when things went bad, when I flushed the toilet which is located on the wall, the piece fell off and broke. I am sure it was already broke prior to me flushing the toilet and someone simply placed the piece back on to the wall without properly fixing it. It unfortunately fell on my hand/wrist and I swelled up immediately, it was terribly red and bruised and hurt! Being a nurse practitioner and doing Botox/Filler injections for a living, I asked a waitress at the bar right outside of the restroom for help and wanted to apply ice to minimize swelling. She was not very nice about giving me the ice and as I walked away she was making fun of me, laughing very loudly about my mishap to the other staff members. I did not trust her after that so everytime we walked into the bar or restaurant to eat or drink, I would leave and we would go somewhere else. Who laughs at someone over an accident that was not even my fault? The management however, as I am assuming they were because they were the only ones wearing suits in 90 degrees farenheit temperatures were very nice about it and seemed sorry for the mishap. I felt sorry for them for having to wear such clothing in such high degree temperatures. The hotel raved about the beach club so we thought we would give it a try. I would not recommend it if your are not a sun worshiper as it was not what I expected. It is very hot (unless you want to burn your skin). They have chairs that you can sit on under umbrellas but it is located on a deck and even under the umbrellas it is terribly hot. Your chairs don't even face the sea (only the bathrooms.There is no cool breeze and no misters or water where you can cool yourself off anywhere. You have to travel down some steps and jump into the sea if you want to cool off. I was expecting a beach area where we could swim or at least a pool area. There was only a deck and a restaurant. We were also told the shuttle picks you up every half hour. After we arrived, it was so boring we wanted to leave after 10 minutes so we proceeded to go back to the area and wait for the shuttle driver. We waited 50 minutes and finally I asked someone at the restaurant "where is our driver" and was told "Oh, you have to call for a driver to pick you up". Ugh, why didn't they think to tell us this?

3 Thank Ultrasmooth
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

It is hard to put into words how unbelievable this hotel is in every way. From the minute you walk in to the magnificent lobby, the service, the spacious and beautifully decorated rooms, the views, the spa, the food......I cant say enough about this family owned gem! The concierges are not people trained in hospitality with a job...they are professionals and this is their career....it shows! The one night there was a wedding that made a lot of noise till very late...instead of being defensive about our complaints, they understood how we felt and when it came time for checkout there was a credit on our account for the inconvenience...very classy. The position, being in Anacapri is gorgeous, quieter than being in Capri and the hotel are very generous with providing transport to where one would like to go.I would go back to Capri JUST to be able to stay here again.

Room Tip: Must get a room overlooking the sea and rather on the side than over the pool ( a bit more private)
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Newport Beach
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

Was there for a full week and I have nothing but compliments to the entire staff. Each and every staff member, from the housekeepers and groundskeepers to the concierge were so gracious, always smiling and greeting you no matter how busy or tired they may have been. The front desk staff are exceptional. Totally professional, organized and doing better than their best to ensure your needs and expectations are more than met!
The breakfast buffet is fabulous ... anything you could wish for is available.
The spa is of a high standard and the treatments offered are performed by high quality, experiences staff.
On a slightly less than perfect note ... I did notice on this visit that the pool area needs some sprucing up ... the sunbed covers are faded and worn and the towels the same. The hotel in general is very clean but definitely needs some repair and a general good freshen up with paint and plaster ... for the prices they are charging.
I would definitely recommend this hotel for anyone wanting to stay out of the hustle and bustle of Capri which is just a short 10 minute drive in a taxi.

Room Tip: I heard the hotel is planning to renovate all the garden view rooms in the coming year ... so they m...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Anacapri
Caesar Augustus Hotel
Melia Villa Capri Hotel & Spa
J.K. Place Capri
J.K. Place Capri
#15 of 41 in Capri

Been to Capri Palace Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!