“Wonderful!”

Capri Palace Hotel & Spa
Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in Anacapri
Reviewed October 5, 2012

My husband and I stayed here at the end of our Italian tour and it was truly wonderful. The staff were polite and very helpful and our room was spacious with a fantastic view of the sea. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking at staying on Capri.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view room if you're booking a standard room and when you arrive ask if they have a...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Vicstr030
There are newer reviews for Capri Palace Hotel & Spa

Reviewed October 2, 2012

Tucked behind the round piazza that serves as meeting point for tourist groups, the Capri Palace Hotel, accessed through a lush garden, offers blissful peace and quiet in spacious, modern surroundings decorated with quirky art. The staff at reception were helpful and attentive throughout my stay.
I had a garden view room that overlooked the private garden of one of the suites as well as the private garden with its own small swimming pool of the Matisse suite. My room was large and comfortable, with both bath and shower in the marble bathroom and a small separate dressing room. The only drawback was the noisy chatter of the chambermaids when they started work and collected supplies from a nearby storage room.
The breakfast buffet is sumptuous, with a variety of fruit juices, fresh fruit, yogurts, cereals, cheese, ham, sausages, scrambled eggs, etc. My only criticism concerns the coffee: it arrived tepid, not hot, and its taste was disappointing, not exactly bad, but unexpectedly mediocre.
The swimming pool's original design allows passers-by on the street to see into it: what a strange idea, and lack of privacy for the swimmers... however it is very clean and the area very pretty. Again a design flaw in my view: there are many steps and different depth level, which means that to swim lengths comfortably you can only use a third of the space: any more than two people attempting to do so get in one another's way.
The pool attendant quickly spotted new arrivals and set up loungers and towels; he also served drinks and snacks from the bar. However on my third day he wasn't there and there were no towels available.
When I enquired about the timetable of the hydrofoils to Naples, the concierge kindly offered to buy the ticket for me and have me driven to the port. I refused for two reasons: I wasn't sure what time I wanted to leave as I wanted to do some shopping in Capri, and it was just as easy (and cheaper: EUR21 taxi fare versus EUR25 + EUR4 per item of luggage with the hotel shuttle) for me to take a taxi and buy my own ticket. During the busy tourist season though I might have taken him up on his offer, which he repeated again when I collected my bag.
A word of caution about "transport assistance" (transfer by car from Naples station to harbour : it may be convenient but it's also outrageously expensive at Euro 220 for 2 people one way, considering the taxi ride costs EUR10.50 (fixed fare) and the hydrofoil ticket EUR20.20.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank brancusirocks
Reviewed September 15, 2012

We have stayed in this hotel four times and will go back for sure. I love everything about it.

I really don't have a negative comments.

Whats good?

The corner rooms with the sea view and spacious balcony.
The pool side service with friendly servers always ready to bring you a thirst quenching cocktail
The food in the restaurant
Breakfast
The lobby
The in house hair salon
The open air seating arrangements at the air with beautiful views over the bay - stunning
The beach club and best club restaurant - stunning view.

Whats bad?

Nothing that we have ever seen

My only slightly negative would be the fact the hotel bar does have the mandatory cheesy piano player and cruise singer - it would be nice it they diverted away from this but other than that LOVE IT.

Also I am giving the location an average score - its a little far from ana capri - if you just want to pop down for dinner or a drink, a ten minute taxi and when we have been there the hotel bar is alway quiet so you kind of have to. But the views from the hotel are stunning.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank heelsforher
Reviewed September 10, 2012

we recommend the Capri Palace Hotel without hesitation! rooms decor and service were the highlight of our stay there. Food was plentiful, well presented and varied...Italian food you can't go wrong! We are already planning a return visit and will try early Spring, we were told it is a fabulous time there!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 5, 2012

While we were considering this hotel, it was sold out for the dates we wanted. We had explored the restaurants, bar, pool and gym areas which were beautifully made. The feel was very contemporary, reminiscent of the Mandarin which can also feel cold at times. The modern and somewhat experimental art is interesting, but feels more like a New York gallery rather than sea side Capri. We definitely preferred the pool at Ceasar Augustus where the views we're incredible and didn't get old for the 5 nights we stayed there! That hotel has a much warmer European feel yet in harmony with nature and Capri. We would definitely consider staying at the Palace on our next visit as well.
The best dinging on the island is clearly L'Olive with incredible ingredients and ingenuity. The service was excellent and we chose to create our own "tasting" which served us well because we enjoyed more savory dishes as there is a great set of desert nibbles at the end which is part of the numerous little extras. The olive oil is wonderful, made exclusively for this 2 Michelin star restaurant, as well as the fresh hand cut and customized herbal tea option deserve a mention to give you an idea of the kind of experience you can have here. It's a high price dining option for sure, but absolutely worth it for the food connoisseur.
Il Riccio was the best Mediterranean, fresh and unspoiled find for great local dishes, and romantic views off the rocks above the blue grotto. You can swim off the cliff before dinner (the place is also a beach club) but the water is very deep. We highly recommend the sea urchin pasta, the best we ever had.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 27, 2012

The beautiful walk into the hotel transforms you. The front desk staff? Perfection! Everything was in perfect working order, superior cleanliness, elegance, luxury, decadence, yet it was inviting and comfortable. The food in the restaurant was expensive, but incomparable. The freshness, uniqueness of the menu was incredible. Our room? Simply the best resort type of atmosphere. The beds were the most comfortable on our trip. Our balcony fit all of us. The stores surrounding the hotel were unique as well. The pool, bar were amazing as well because of the service and beauty surrounding you. There was a party that night and I needed to iron some clothing for it. The front desk staff had it and an ironing board brought up within minutes. I loved this place! I hope i can return one day.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back overlook a garden which is still beautiful; however, no ocean view whatsoever. It...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 23, 2012

ALL WAS GREAT :)
to start from pick up to the front of the house manager Francesco Mussinelli ( a pro ) every thing was great they have some renovated rooms and some more old style ( we had 3 rooms ) all good.
Had the best belinis with fresh peach and finger food with a sunset.
A 10 out of 10

Room Tip: Renovated rooms
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Anacapri
Caesar Augustus Hotel
Grand Hotel Quisisana
Grand Hotel Quisisana
#10 of 40 in Capri
Villa Marina Capri Hotel & Spa

Been to Capri Palace Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!