“Heaven on Earth - Value for and money well spent.”

Capri Palace Hotel & Spa
Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in Anacapri
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Heaven on Earth - Value for and money well spent.”
Reviewed May 26, 2012

For an over stressed, Business Exec and Interior & Landscape Designer looking for urgent R&R not too far from home..........Capri Palace and Spa provided what we needed. Three hour forty minutes flight to Rome from Tel Aviv. Train to Naples, then hydrofoil to Capri, we were collected from the Marina Grande by Hotel Car.As a designer, aesthetics and visual presentation is very important. In this regard Capri Palace was a delight, despite having had its makeover some five years ago, the Hotel could have been made over yesterday, such is the pristine maintenance. Every corner of the hotel, is a visual feast, almost as if the designer standing in any one postion turned around 360 degrees to ensure wherever you laid your eyes was beautiful. The service was impeccable, to the extent that I felt like they were reading my mind, anticipating my needs. Food gourmet, for those understand from fine wines, (I dont) I believe they have some of the best. We spent 7 nights at the Capri Palace and I feel that I got excellent value for my money. As a widely travelled person, I choose hotels according to the specifics required for my trip and budget ,not always choosing five star delux, when we do, however it has never exceeded expectations as this hotel and vacation spot has. My husband travells often for business and even when on vacation likes to have all the wifi and technology available to contact his office. He was extremely satisfied that he could check his mail with the extremely efficient internet in our room. This is the first time I have bothered to take the time to recommend a place, I really feel this hotel and the staff deserves it!!!

Room Tip: We had a garden facing room, it was great, but next time I will want a sea facing, I went up onto th...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 3, 2012

we stayed at capri for a couple of days. we enjoyed it. it was so lovely place. we will come back of course!!! we loved everything except for some people overthere!!!! we spent a week . we ve seen amalfi positan and vico equense. and this hotel has been maybe the best we knew! breakfast was so full. the rooms so nice. but it eas a little bit hard to reach the main area in capri!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed May 2, 2012

This place was responsible for our most expensive 2 nights in Italy. Still, they were our two fondest nights. The only problem I have is that the views are obstructed by a tree here and there. On our boat tour of the island we saw several hotels on the edge of the water; either on the water or on a cliff.

Otherwise, the service is awesome. The concierge was great. Upon arrival they send their car to pick you up. We arrived late, so they sent a taxi and had their car take us to the marina twice the next two days. The rooms remind me of Miami, but cleaner.

You should have dinner at L'Olivio once. It's their 2 Michelin restaurant. It was a little pretentious (I'm American, I drink my bourbon all day long, not just before dinner). Still the food was second only to the Indian food in Florence. Yeah, you heard me. My wife couldn't finish her dessert so she asked for it to be boxed. They said they'd send it up. By the time we got back to our room it had been delivered along with a lot of other extravagent pasteries that they normally serve after dessert. They also sent a separate plate of lactose free pasteries for me. This will cost about 150 euros per person.

I would recommend ordering dessert and asking to have it in the piano bar. The man and woman there were fantastic, taking requests and singing songs in at least three languages. I wish I had spent more time there.

Breakfast is great and included.

Room Tip: If you're staying here you might as well ante up for a view.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Montenegro
Reviewed April 14, 2012

I stayed in this luxury hotel in July for 7 nights and I would warmly recommend it to anyone who wants to spend their dream vacation on Capri. It is located in Anacapri, a place only 10 minutes away from Capri. You can reach it by taxi (which costs approximately 15 Eur one way) or by bus (there are both taxi and bus station just in front of the entrance). Hotel has its own swimming pool for hotel guests only, and it is one of the most important things since there is no beach on the island, only some small rocky places. Rooms are very comfortable, I suggest you take one with the view - it's worth paying for. Food is very good, there is a large selection of pastries for breakfast, and if you don't want to pay for other meals - you can enjoy in some of the great restaurants near the hotel (and Capri as well). Staff is polite and helpful, they will do their best if you have any special wishes, don't hesitate to ask them. They speak English and French very well (which is, I must admit, very rear for Italians).

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Bolton
Reviewed April 10, 2012

This hotel is fantastic in every way
It's expensive but then it keeps the plebs out!
The spa is ace and easy to book (I find a lot are full when you get there)
It's only 10 mins from Capri which can be a bit of a pain but only €15 in a taxi (ne'er use the bus!)
Suggest paying for a sea view - well worth it
Deserves to be a leading hotel of world

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank boltonwhiteman
Vienna, Austria
Reviewed February 22, 2012

We have stayed several times the last summers at this cosmopolitan resort because my wife loves this fancy atmosphere. It is expensive but after some years I can say that it does worth its money. The breakfast is very fine, the service is fast and the atmosphere chic. We pass the afternoon by the pool reading our books, ordering drinks and food and listening to our music as we tan. Complimentary proseco, canapés on arrival and efficient service all over the place. The main city where it is full of tourists and it is only a few minutes away from the hotel so we were always happy to be back at the hotel. The room was big enough, Italian white with large balcony and nice view, thank God there is privacy between the rooms. The spa is updated and the staff very professional (I enjoyed several therapies all with great success). “L olivo” Two Michelin stars restaurant is my favorite one; I really enjoy searching with my wife the different ingredients in flavors. At the artists stylish bar we sipped many cocktails and met lots of interesting personalities – businessmen. We didn’t come back last year because we wanted to experience something different but for sure we will on the future.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Argyll
Reviewed November 30, 2011

I was lucky enough to have lived on Capri many many years ago, so when I had this opportunity to revisit albeit just for a couple of days, I jumped at it. The Capri Palace is beautiful. Lovely rooms, charming restaurant with amazing food, and staff made me feel very welcomed. The only tiny criticism would be of the spa. The girls were not very professional in my opinion considering its pretty expensive. Apart from that the rest of the experience was great. On checking out no hotel mini bus available and the staff who was supposed to meet me at the port with my ticket didnt show up. This didnt affect me but it might have for someone less experienced with Capri life. I will definately return.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Patricia W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Anacapri
Caesar Augustus Hotel
Hotel Excelsior Parco
Villa Marina Capri Hotel & Spa
Grand Hotel Quisisana
Melia Villa Capri Hotel & Spa

Been to Capri Palace Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!