“Beautiful location” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Il Riccio Beach Club & Restaurant

Il Riccio Beach Club & Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 52 Restaurants in Anacapri
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Scenic view, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Whitianga, New Zealand
“Beautiful location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

We had lunch here after visiting the Grotto Azzurra - or Blue Grotto. Beautiful location and the food was fabulous too. It was a lovely day and we loved our whole adventure on Capri. Make time to visit the Blue Grotto and then have something to eat at Il Riccio - you will not be disappointed

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank tekohiwi

• Turkish first
Rome, Italy
“delicious seafood”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

I'm sure the view from the terrace is fabulous during the day but at 7.30 pm in late September it was already dark, in fact the path down from the road was dangerously ill-lit.
I liked the simple blue and white decor and wooden furniture. The "fish of the day" display counter was so impressive I asked if I could take a picture, and the waiter shooed the cooks away from behind it so I could have a clear view. At the end of the meal, as I declined a pudding from their enormous buffet, he insisted I come and take a photograph of it too!
Overall I found the service friendly, attentive, efficient but unobtrusive.
My trio of tartares (sea bream and I forget what the other two were) served with a sauce of yogurt and urchin roe on the side tasted fresh and subtle. The spaghetti with urchin roes were perfectly al dente with just enough roe for a strong but not overpowering iodine flavour. There was no wine available by the glass on the wine list, but I was offered a glass of whichever I wanted; the bottle was opened for me and I was asked to taste it just as if I'd ordered the whole bottle (and no, I wasn't charged for it all).
It's expensive, but a worthwhile treat: next time I'll go for lunch so I can enjoy the view!
The Capri Palace, where I was staying, owns the Beach Club and its restaurant, and runs a free shuttle to and from the place.

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank brancusirocks
Memphis, Tennessee
“Fantastic views, impeccable seafood,beautiful presentations”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

Fabulously fresh seafood, artfully prepared and presented but not pretentious. great staff with an incredible kitchen. Went without a reservation for lunch before 1:00. By 1:30 the restaurant was full. It was almost as beautiful as the blue grotto....and that's saying a lot!

• Visited September 2012
3 Thank Nancyentourage
“Impossible to dislike this place.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012 via mobile

Very Nice place with a fantastic ambiance. Another institution in Capri, definitely worth the visit despite the high prices. Very difficult to resist the Temptation Room !

Boston, MA
“Best Mediterranean and seafood on the island!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012

Amazing sea urchin pasta, really the best we ever had. High quality and definitely fresh assorted local seafood cuisine, great views off the rocks above the blue grotto and great service. Swim off the rocks before dinner (the place is also a beach club) but its drop off a cliff deep water, not at all like any "beach" you'd see anywhere. We will look forward to going back again next time

Visited August 2012