1,185 results
All reviews infinity pool the cliff junior suite our honeymoon the owner relais chateaux bay of naples organic garden tour of the property his son breathtaking views the general manager main terrace hotel restaurant hotel grounds fabulous hotel the entire staff
Selected filters
Reviewed August 16, 2019

Service, hotel, food, room, premises, location, family owned and operated; all are top notch. Stay for at least a few days, you'll be more than happy with this choice. Owners and staff all engage to make sure you get the best experience.

Date of stay: July 2019
Reviewed August 14, 2019 via mobile

Looking for an exclusive location for a short stay on the island of Capri, I was immediately impressed by the breathtaking views and the infinity pool through the images of the web. That made me opt for Caesar Augustus Hotel.
At the end of the holiday I can say that the location is extraordinary and what pictures show us is only a part of the suggestions that the place offers in every space of the hotel, of the customization of the services offered.
The restaurant is also excellent, where Mediterranean flavours and tastes are masterfully traced back to every dish. Only the experience, however, can tell of the welcome and care that the owner Paolo and his son Francesco offer, always with discretion and attention. It was a pleasure to converse with them on the terrace at aperitif time and poolside.
The only regret is to leave, because it's like leaving home.

Reviewed August 14, 2019 via mobile

I come back in this hotel after three years. Everything is amazing as i remembered , the view that is absolutely breathless, the food, the scents, but the thing that made me think that this is a special place is the hospitality. The owners received us saying “welcome back”. Francesco and Paolo went along us to the swimming pool and we had a long conversation. Even in the late evening we meet and we talked drinking a glass of Prosecco. I think that when you see this hotel on the net, you are attracted by the photos of the views an the pool but when you are there you realize that what really make the difference with other five stars hotel is the owner. I mean that being received by the family, talk to them, all the attentions they have for you, the customized services, gives you the sensation that Caesar Augustus has always been your house, and you never want to leave!

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank dar2278
Reviewed August 11, 2019

from the greeting at the dock by the hotel greeter, the welcoming the escort around the whole hotel, the owner coming out and saying hello. the pool guys, wait staff in the restaurants.... capri is busy the CAH is a place of quiet yet minutes from the action.

Date of stay: July 2019
Reviewed August 11, 2019 via mobile

Let s start saying that Caesar Augustus is probably the best positioned on all island. And the view is absolutely stunning, no objections nor excuses on this.

I will describe here below the positive and negative points of my experience.

Let s Start dividing by Points:

- Position and Outlooking:
The Hotel is marvellous, a typical South Italian House, with a good compromise between modern and old style.
The lobby and common area are well distributed and a sense of cleanliness and scene laws.

- The Pool:
Hardly had found such a beautiful pool with such incredible view.
The two guys Gianluca and Vincenzo are super helpful and assist you in anything you need, from serving you some refreshment to change your umbrella position and protect you from the Sun. Super!

- The Rooms:
Let me say that frankly speaking I was expecting something more.
Amenty Kit was poor for 5* Relais Chateaux. Just soap, shower gel and shampoo, no toothbrush toothpaster or similar, from a 5 Star I always expect the most accuracy on all details.
The wall and doors seemed to be made by paper, we were almost hearing our neighbour snoring and we waked up by any kind of noise in the outside way.
This is something must be fixed or bettered soon. Wardrobe was also a little bit used, again, i m talking about peanuts but if you choose a 5* Relais Chateaux you must expect and receive the best.

- The Prices.
No way an expresso can costs 7 Euro. Especially In Italy.
This is absolutely far away from any kind of acceptable pricing.
I really don t understand this politics.
Ok the Island is not cheap but here we are clearly stealing money from the pocket of guests and tourists. I believe if you are rich from the birth you pass this, but if you re billionaire and made your fortune this is absolutely not acceptable and you may avoid any single expenses with a little bit of ‘mind’.
Me and my wife can define us kind of wealthy and frankly could afford the expenses but we didn t like it and we preferred to stay away from this trap.
I truly suggest to the Management to change this system, and in contrary encourage guests with lower prices to spend around the pool during the day. I’ m sure the netback will be much better, and this is referred as well to the Lunch Restaurant.

- Assistance
All person working are extremely nice and helpful, from the concierge, to the driver and the waiter, everybody.
The reservation desk is very good, and quick answering. A Good point for an Hotel and trust not all are like this.
We wanted to find a quick alternative to our planned holiday which we did have to cancel for several reasons and we requested to let us know the available rooms and give us good rates, i believe they really acted in a good way, meeting and negotiating until demand and offer met.

As a separate note I suggest to the GM to keep more distances from the guests. I understood the model that Owners wants to act as Owners that welcome guests in their houses, but this is not an Airbnb and neither a Bed and Breakfast, and therefore I truly believe the distances between guests and owners are vital after that a room costs over 1000 usd and Luxury with Discretion can t be negotiated.

- Bagni Tiberio
A Luxury 5* Relais Chateaux cannot suggest Bagni Tiberio as first choices in Capri.
Despite Owner honestly tried to make us understand that Bagni Tiberio was kind of wild and spartan i truly believe they cannot suggest this place or having those mentioned in their website.
When we arrived we were almost having an heart attack and we just left after 5 minutes.

In conclusion what I suggest:
- Lowering Prices for the extras (Pool/Lunch Restaurant and Spa).
- Put a free Shuttle at least 3 times a day from Hotel to Capri Center.
- Improve Amenty Kit, Less Shampooes, more variety.
- Strenght a better connection with a Beach Club such as ‘Da Luigi ai Faraglioni’ or ‘ La Fontelina’.

Regards