1,162 results
All reviews infinity pool the cliff junior suite our honeymoon the owner bay of naples organic garden relais chateaux tour of the property his son breathtaking views the general manager main terrace hotel restaurant hotel grounds fabulous hotel the entire staff
Selected filters
Reviewed September 23, 2017

This hotel sits in the Anacapri section of the island, which is a tad more sedate that the Capri side. It has lovely grounds with interesting art work, a beautiful infinity pool. Our room was just delightful! We had an attached terrace with a lovely view. Service was very good. A wonderful stay! Please note we were in the Villa California.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 23, 2017

The location of Caesar Augustus cannot be adequately described with words. The natural beauty of Capri coupled with the amazing hospitality and gourmet dining made our stay truly memorable. Every employee from the junior waitstaff, to the senior managers, and the owner took enormous pride in providing outstanding, individualized service to each guest. We felt like part of their family in their amazing home on the cliffside.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Relais & Chateaux
Reviewed September 23, 2017 via mobile

This is our 5th year in a row at Caesar Augustus, so consistently beautiful and luxurious. My wife and I take this as our annual romantic leave and every time we get there the whole thing it's such an amazing experience. We love the place, the service and above all the food! Not sure there is another place where you can eat all vegetables and fruits from the Hotel gardens! La terrazza di lucullo (the hotel restaurant) is truly unique in its position (on the cliff) and for the fresh food it offers. Book the table in the rocks if you want to leave your partner speachless!!
We will miss our aperitif at sunset on the terrace..
Congratulations and a special thanks to all staff to make our stay once again remarkable!

Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank recomone
Reviewed September 19, 2017 via mobile

An amazing but expensive experience. Great service in general especially from the front desk young gentlemen and also the wait staff. When traveling you notice interesting little things and We felt a bit left out of the loop of the friendly owner who was constantly being attentive and gushing over the many guests who were dressed in his style but our casual Australian travel style did not attract his interest so he ignored us the three days we were there. Not that we care but when running hotels like this it would be good business not to judge someone's Net worth by their travel guise as it can be very deceptive. Apart from this the suite was sensational, the hotel beautiful , the views spectacular, the drinks and food crazy expensive. It was in a Great location just a short walk to the fabulous Anacapri town, villa San Michele and the many delights in the locality .

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank cunno
checcosigno, Proprietario at Caesar Augustus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2017

Dear "Cunno",
Thank you so much for the beautiful words you've had for my hotel: I also love in an overwhelming way this place and this view and, sometimes, I'm afraid that my judgment is not objective enough. Instead the comments of my clients (yours, in this case) reassure me that my judgment is not due only to the affection I feel.

I take full blame for the comment you made about not being quite present with you.
Please believe me that, if I have sinned against you and if I made you feel less considered than other customers, this is not to be tied nor to your origin (we love and we have many Australians) nor, certainly, from the way you dress.

Please believe me: there is in me no a crumb of racism nor a crumb of classism.
Who stay in what used to be the home of my great-grandfather is for me a person who has to go out of here with the impression that he had the best attentions. It is a very personal matter.

So if I didn't give you enough attention or just if I gave the impression of having given less to you than to others, I apologize immensely.
It was a mistake on my part. An error of superficiality.
Sorry again.

If you want to come back and visit us one day, I'll be happy to invite you for a dinner in order to apologize, again, in person

Reviewed September 18, 2017 via mobile

What we like from Relais & Chateaux hotels is the effort on taking care of the clients, making them feel at home.
Of course, not all the hotels fulfill this important requirement, but I can confirm that Caesar Augustus is matching it in full.
The owners, as well as the hotel members are always focused on making your stay as beautiful as you imagined.
Excellent food and excellent location.
For sure we will come back.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple