Caesar Augustus Hotel
$195
$189
Il Giardino dell'Arte(Anacapri)(Great Value!)
$256
Albergo Senaria(Anacapri)(Great Value!)
$268
$180
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Villa Ceselle(Anacapri)(Great Value!)
$137
Casa Mariantonia(Anacapri)(Great Value!)
$257
$249
  • Breakfast included
Melia Villa Capri Hotel & Spa(Anacapri)
$482
$456
Melia.com
1,018 results
All reviewsinfinity pooljunior suitethe cliffour honeymoonbay of naplesspectacular hotelbreathtaking viewsmain terracehotel restaurantpiano playerhis sonstar servicethe entire staffoverlooking the bayhotel shuttleluxury hotelheaven on earth
Reviewed September 7, 2005

My husband and I recently spent a wonderful four days and three nights at the Caesar Augustus for our honeymoon. Happily we discovered the negative reviews to be unfounded. The service was personal, attentive, and always friendly. Our junior suite was spacious with two, floor to ceiling windows that open up to a beautiful balcony that runs the length of the room. The hotel grounds have amazing views from virtually anywhere and charming places to sit or eat away from other guests.

I am not sure why other reviews note the service as unfriendly. We found the service at the Caesar Augustus to be an extremly pleasant experience. Our reception at the port by Franco or maybe his identical twin (yes there are two of them)was extremely friendly. Claudio was always available for suggestions on itineraries, restaurants, and shuttle times.

The location of the hotel is absolutely perfect. About a five minute walk to the charming shops in Anacapri where you can get anything from beautiful Italian shoes to hand painted crafts to a delicious inexpensive bite to eat. For 1.30 euro you can take a six minute bus ride down to Capri (the bus stop is across the street and comes practically every five minutes.) Don't bother renting a car the roads are treacherous for eveyone except the busdrivers and scooters. Everyone takes the bus in capri...we never even opted for the hotel shuttle.

We would definitely stay at the Caesar Augustus again and again. Take the negative reviews with a grain of salt and see for yourself. If you are looking for a romantic, elegant hotel in Capri the CA is definitely the only hotel to stay in.

9  Thank NYCluv2travel
Reviewed September 5, 2005

My wife and I stayed for 2 nights at the Caesar Agustus and were VERY disappointed. Before I give you a laundry list of reasons NOT to stay here, I will say the view is incredible and from our balcony, it was stunning. Also the breakfast was nice in the morning.

That beauty was ruined by terribly rude service (we are American but I seak fluent Italiam): I overheard them many times discussing other guests who had just made inquiries at the front desk. Franco, Amalfi's equivalent to "Tattoo" from Fantasy Island shuffles by you without acknowledging and is a rude little man who shouldn't ever come into contact with people.

We were not allowed to order anything by the pool except and open faced "croque monsieur" sandwich...if you want to eat, you must visit the restaurant. They do not recommend other places to eat simply saying, "You should eat at our restaurant!". Our laundry cost $78Euro (for 8 pieces...not even dry-cleaned!)

In conclusion, spend your money elsewhere...stop in for a drink and the view but don't be fooled by their website or positive reviews, if you like any service at all, stay somewhere else!

SEE my review of Hotel Cimbrone in Ravello for a REAL place to visit!

12  Thank Dave N
A TripAdvisor Member
Athens, Greece
Reviewed September 3, 2005

One of the best views anywhere into the bay of naples and capri. You feel like you're on a plane. Great airy rooms and big baths with whirlpools. But the service....We were left waiting for over an hour for a table at the half-empty restaurant. The waiter first shows 20 mins after we are sitted to announce to us that the kitchen just closed! Then the WORST, MOST UNPROFESSIONAL AND ROODEST "maitre" IN THE WORLD right out insults me in front of my girlfriend for calling him by saying:"excuse me my friend". His exact reply: "I am NOT your friend. I am just a professional who is forced to work for you!" They made us feel as we were a nuisance and merely ANNOYING them with our desire to eat. I have never been treated worst in my life. Furious i chose not to respond, rather to complain to the mngmt. Instead of repremanding him, they tried to explain what a really sweet guy he otherwise is and suggested i just fill out a complaint form! The food was mediocre. The breakfast was never right. This hotel with a little brush-up and comletely different mgmt & staff could be great. The "maitre" needs to be seriously beaten up.

16  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
london
Reviewed August 30, 2005

We have been to the wonderful island of Capri many times but we had never stayed in this jewel of a Hotel. Not only are the rooms exquisite but the views are unparaleled.
I had read a couple of negative comments on Trip Advisor regarding the level of service but this must have changed as the service during our stay (5 days) was of the highest quality.

7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 18, 2005

The rooms and view overlooking the sea and the city is beautiful. Didn't have our view that we had reserved but compensated us. Worth it if you can afford it.

3  Thank Lankz