“Beautiful solitude”

and up
Semi-Guided Capri Island Tour
Ranked #1 of 22 things to do in Anacapri
More attraction details
Owner description: From Piazza della Vittoria you can take a breathtaking chairlift to the top of Mount Solaro, the highest point on Capri at 1,932 feet.
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Anacapri is a pretty little tourist town at the top of Capri Island and is not nearly as crowded as Capri city. Took the chairlift to the top of Mount Solaro which was very relaxing. Unfortunately, the clouds rolled in after we got to the top so we missed out on the views. Still, my friends and I enjoyed an espresso and popcorn on the large patio whilst in the clouds.

Warning - the bus rides to and from Anacapri are terrifying if you're afraid of heights!!

1  Thank TravelLady511
Write a ReviewReviews (2,047)
All reviews
in 19 reviews
"an absolute"
in 13 reviews

Reviewed April 3, 2013

This attraction is best first thing in the morning for two reasons, you beat the bus tours and the air is clearer for the view. If you are traveling from Capri Town it is a must to catch an early bus to Anacapri, they are small and the queue soon grows. Once at Anacapri go straight to the chair lift, do the sight seeing later, you will be amazed at the size of the queue in late morning. The chairlift is a simple device, but safe. Take something warm to cover the shoulders as the air is a little chilly first thing. The views are just great so allow time to linger a while.

2  Thank Kiwiabroad60
Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

It is definitely worth the money to take the chair lift to the top of Mount Solaro. We caught the bus from Capri to Anacapri and the chairlift is right by the Anacapri bus stop (just up some stairs). If you have a small child they will let them ride up on your lap. My 8, 10, and 11 year olds went up by themselves in the single chairlift. They liked it so much that they wanted to come right back down instead of looking at the views. Overall it was a perfect activity for the whole family.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

After so many recommendations from other visitors, this was at the top of our "to do" list and it was INCREDIBLE! Somehow I missed the fact that it was a single person chair lift. Heights make me a little nervous but I thought, no big deal we'll be together! Once I saw the little one person chair lift, I almost chickened out!!! The chairlift guy just smiled and up I went! Okay so I white knuckled the handlebar most of the way but it was some of the most amazing views we have ever seen. Allow lots of time to enjoy it at the top over a lemon granita - yummy! Wish we had hiked down, that's for the next time!! GO -it will be one of your favorite memories of the trip!

1  Thank K&E