All reviews sister hotel free shuttle da gelsomina blue grotto gardens are lovely modern rooms lovely swimming pool wonderful meal family run hotel beautiful hotel breakfast room minute walk the hotel offers sun loungers marina grande would stay here again two nights
Reviewed July 4, 2018 via mobile

Me and my wife went here for a couple of nights on our honeymoon which was perfect. The hotel is located in a very calm area of Anacapri. Staff is very friendly and the room was very clean! The garden is amazing with some nice spots for relax. Highly recommended for a couple.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 18, 2018

This is a very comfortable facility with very modern rooms that all have great views of the sea. The rooms are very spacious and no two alike. The grounds are well groomed and inviting. Staff is friendly. Within easy walk of a wide variety of restaurants.

Room Tip: The rooms vary in size. We actually had two levels with a great gathering space.
  • Stayed: May 2018, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 4, 2018

This is a small family run hotel (used to be a villa) that is in a quiet street in Anacapri. The rooms are very clean and spacious. We had room 106 which is a two story room with a king size bed upstairs and a pullout coach on the bottom floor. There is a nice space outside to sit and enjoy the gardens. Bathroom is adequate with a great shower. The hotel offers shutter service to Marina Grande (where the ferries dock) as well as a generous breakfast buffet. The hotel also has a wonderful, first class restaurant but it is located on the other side of Anacapri, so reservations are needed and they do offer shuttle service there. At the second location (where the restaurant is located) there is a huge pool for the hotel guest. There is also a city bus stop just steps from the property and the mail street for shopping and eating is a few meters from the property as well. The staff was courteous enough to make a reservation for a boat ride around the island and they were able to charge it to our room which made it very convenient.

Room Tip: Higher rooms are quieter. Had room 106 which was right next to the reception and was a bit loud when they conversed.
  • Stayed: April 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed November 11, 2017

I recently booked 11 people in this hotel, myself included. Granted it is a bit of a walk from the main part of Anacapri, but with all of the food we all eat in Italy, I think this walk is needed. It is quiet and the gardens are lovely. The rooms are a nice size and clean. The bathroom is very clean. Breakfast was adequate with a lovely gentleman assisting you. I can see what some people say about one young lady at the front desk. What disturbed me the most was the smoking at the desk. I would prefer not to enter the lobby of a hotel and get hit with the smell of cigarette smoke. I fell in love with the cat, Gatto. She is so friendly and wants to come into your room, jump on the bed and have a sleep. She is very affectionate. I would have taken her back to the U.S. if I could. I found Martina a delight in working with her. I would stay here again.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 6, 2017 via mobile

Pros:
- Remote location keeps you away from the touristy part of the island
- Updated interiors

Cons:
- Difficult to get to the hotel from the Marina
- WiFi, TV, and Hot Tub were not working
- Access to the pool was not available
- Lots of flies and mosquitoes everywhere throughout the hotel and the rooms
- Paper thin walls allow a lot of sound from the lobby into your room
- Older (of the two we encountered) woman staffing the front desk was not very helpful or friendly

Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple