All reviews sister hotel free shuttle da gelsomina blue grotto gardens are lovely modern rooms lovely swimming pool wonderful meal family run hotel beautiful hotel breakfast room minute walk the hotel offers sun loungers marina grande would stay here again two nights
Reviewed November 11, 2017

I recently booked 11 people in this hotel, myself included. Granted it is a bit of a walk from the main part of Anacapri, but with all of the food we all eat in Italy, I think this walk is needed. It is quiet and the gardens are lovely. The rooms are a nice size and clean. The bathroom is very clean. Breakfast was adequate with a lovely gentleman assisting you. I can see what some people say about one young lady at the front desk. What disturbed me the most was the smoking at the desk. I would prefer not to enter the lobby of a hotel and get hit with the smell of cigarette smoke. I fell in love with the cat, Gatto. She is so friendly and wants to come into your room, jump on the bed and have a sleep. She is very affectionate. I would have taken her back to the U.S. if I could. I found Martina a delight in working with her. I would stay here again.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed October 6, 2017 via mobile

Pros:
- Remote location keeps you away from the touristy part of the island
- Updated interiors

Cons:
- Difficult to get to the hotel from the Marina
- WiFi, TV, and Hot Tub were not working
- Access to the pool was not available
- Lots of flies and mosquitoes everywhere throughout the hotel and the rooms
- Paper thin walls allow a lot of sound from the lobby into your room
- Older (of the two we encountered) woman staffing the front desk was not very helpful or friendly

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 24, 2017

My family of four visited this facility in May and had a wonderful visit on the island of Capri. Our adult children had two separate rooms while my husband and I enjoyed a two story villa.The fabulous breakfasts were included, and the hand-made cappucchinos were to die for! The staff seemed to be family-related and were very friendly. They shuttle you on a private van to visit their pool and restaurant Da Gelsomina. The food was wonderful, and the view of the sunset was phenomenal. Definitely stay here when you visit Capri.

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed July 23, 2017 via mobile

We had a beautiful stay in this boutique hotel from the moment we arrived all the staff were more than welcoming. We were a family so had there junior suite which was ample for our young family. The breakfast at the hotel was simple but lovely each morning and enjoyed the coffee each morning and the lovely staff who served it. The staff recommendations were second to none and I had the most amazing meal on our first night at a local restaurant. There is also a free shuttle for all guests to their sister hotels swimming pool. Having young children we utilised this twice during our stay. After our evening out we would often put the kids to bed and sit outside and have a glass of wine. The lovely man on night duty would bring us a bucket of ice when asked. It was little things like this that really made the stay at the boutique hotel special. I would recommend this hotel to friends and family and will stay again on our next trip to Ana Capri. A beautiful hotel with beautiful staff.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Larochelle35
Reviewed June 1, 2017

The hotel is located a 10 minute walk outside the main town of Anacapri in a quiet and secluded location. It is surrounded by beautiful, well-kept gardens and whilst I was there, they were tended every day - but not intrusively - no mowing etc that disturbed the tranquillity. The Jacuzzi/Hot Tub was in a lovely corner of the garden, exceptionally clean - again because it was tended every morning before breakfast. Sun loungers were dotted around the garden in secluded quiet spots. The hotel is modern with comfortable rooms, most having a view over the gardens or towards the sea, and most also with doors that opened onto a small private terraced area. Rooms were spotlessly clean, large showers and very comfortable beds. The breakfast room was well appointed inside the hotel, but as the season commenced, moved to a lovely conservatory in the garden adjacent to the Jacuzzi. Breakfast, was continental with a great variety of savoury and sweet choices and plentiful tea and coffee, water juices etc. Staff were always to hand and extremely friendly and helpful. Lots of nice little touches around the place, cosmetics in the bathrooms, sweets on reception, fresh flowers on tables every day. If you book for more than 2 nights there is also free transport to and from the port on arrival and departure. This transport is also available to take you to the sister hotel - Da Gelsomina - to use the lovely swimming pool and have an excellent meal with some magnificent views. I could not find any fault whatsoever and it comes highly recommended - a perfect spot for all amenities or to just relax in the gardens and Jacuzzi. An absolute must for a return visit.

Room tip: All rooms are well appointed for nice views.
Date of stay: May 2017