All reviewsnext yearbeautiful hotelrooms are hugenothing is too much troublehalf boardgo the extra milehigh standardbreakfast and dinnerelectric curtainsfamily owned hotelnon residentsbooked directlyelectrically operated curtainseach morningset menusmall hotelbeautiful island
Reviewed August 6, 2018

A stunning hotel in Agia Efimia in beautiful Kefalonia.
This was our first trip to Kefalonia and we chose Agia Efimia and the Odyssey Hotel for their stunning location and from other traveller reviews.
We hired a car for eight days during our fortnight stay and explored this beautiful island quite extensively. In our opinion we definitely chose the best area and we have no doubt that we chose the best hotel.
To repeat what has already been said this hotel is immaculate with superb comfortable rooms with amazing views over the sea from the balcony, beautiful relaxing pool area, excellent food and wonderful staff.
The service from Catherine, Gerasimos and the entire team is faultless. They are all so friendly, cheerful and go out of their way to make sure your holiday is quite simply ' the best'. They really do want you to relax, unwind and enjoy the time spent here.
We have wonderful memories of our perfect time at the Odyssey and would like to thank Catherine, Gerasimos, Natalie, Aristos, Katerina, Mai, Athina, the young man who picked us up and took us back to the airport (sorry I can't remember his name) and all the other behind the scenes members of staff who obviously play a huge part in the superb service given at this hotel.
We can't wait to return.

Room Tip: All rooms have sea view
  • Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
2  Thank suemattock
Catherine R, Front Office Manager at Odyssey Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Mrs. Sue Mattock,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review Odyssey hotel on TripAdvisor.

I am thrilled and most appriciative of your charming evaluation based on your experience, and can only say what a pleasure it was to have you both staying with us!

I would like to thank you for your compliments towards the team, management and the hotel's facilities. I shall be shating your review with my team- particularly Gerasimos, Natalie, Aristos, Katerina, Maya, Athina and Zahos, who shall be as thrilled as I am.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us.
It would be an enormous pleasure to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel on a future visit.

Warm regards from us all,

Efharistoume!!

Reviewed August 5, 2018

I am a bit late writing this review as I wanted the time to ensure I did Catherine and her team justice in the arrangement of my daughters wedding which took place in July.
But first the hotel and location - Agia Emifia is a pretty small village which in July was not too overcrowded but not too quiet either with a few restaurants, bars and shops. The hotel is a short stroll from the main street and is perfectly appointed facing the sea. There are 22 rooms which are all facing the magnificent view from the spacious balcony, and all have their own colour theme and are beautifully decorated. The rooms are made up daily and are spotless, I defy anyone to find a speck of dust in the whole hotel, even the inside of the lift shone !! We stayed on a full board basis (breakfast, lunch and evening meal) all waiter service which I thought was excellent value, the food was really nice and well presented with an extensive menu to choose from. The staff are fantastic, I cannot express how wonderful they all are, I can't even put it into words, they were attentive and friendly the whole time we were there, I really don't know how they do it.
The wedding planning started about 7 months before and was all done via e mail and the occasional phone call, Catherine basically arranged the whole day, I just e mailed what I wanted and she sourced it from her many contacts and more. She arranged a hairdresser on the day, a last minute fix on my daughters nails at 9.00pm at night, 3 vintage cars which were all decorated with flowers and ribbons, a cruise which was a fantastic part of the day. The bridal and guest flowers were just as we had asked for, in addition Catherine decorated everywhere in fresh flowers, voile and ribbons, the mayors office, the cars, the reception table/area, everywhere ! She also made favours and a guest book for us. The cake was again just as we had asked for but tasted better then we could have imagined. All of this was captured by the photographer she had arranged, complete with drone to follow us throughout the day. The photos and particularly the video has been looked at so many times since we have been back and will no doubt will be looked at for years to come to remind us all of the special day. As you can see we had a fantastic time, my thanks to Catherine and of course all the staff at the Odyssey who helped to make it a day to remember and were with us every step of the way. Thanks again and we hope to come again in the future.

Room Tip: All rooms are fantastic with sea view
  • Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
5  Thank Dionne B

Dear Dionne,

Our sincere thanks for this fabulous review!

Absolutely thrilled that you were so happy with everything for your daughter's wedding day! It seems that the wedding planning, 7 months before, worked really well, and we are happy we have been able to meet your standards and expectations. Thank you for your kind suggestions and photos, all of which helped us a lot to understand what was the wedding style you were looking for.

You were two lovely families and a fantastic bride and groom, this made our job an absolute pleasure...

We are all beyond delighted that we played a part in a very special occasion for you all, and we do hope to have the immense pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Wishing to the newly married couple a long life full of good health and happiness together.

Reviewed August 5, 2018

I have been meaning to write this review since our visit in June. Sorry it’s late.

What an amazing hotel. Catherine and her brother went out of their way to make our stay very special. From the moment we walked in to the day we left we could not fault one single thing. Wow, the room was beautiful and finished to a very high standard, the view from the balcony was just beautiful.

The pool area was lovely and very peaceful, the sun loungers are the comfiest loungers I have ever laid on. The service around the pool was great and all the staff are very nice and friendly and a credit to this beautiful hotel and management.

The food, breakfast, lunch and Dinner was just delicious, we couldn’t fault a single thing.

We had such an amazing time and we can’t wait to go back. Everything was perfect in every way.

See you next year

Room Tip: All 22 Junior Suites face the sea
Stayed: June 2018, traveled as a couple
2  Thank katehall42

Dear Kate,

Many thanks for your lovely review on TripAdvisor! It is always a pleasure to read such wonderful comments as yours, following your recent stay.

It was such a pleasure to have you staying with us and I am thrilled to read of what an enjoyable stay you had.

We can't wait to see you both again next June!

Reviewed August 1, 2018

This was our second time time at this fantastic hotel and we look forward to many more holidays here.
The staff are so friendly and helpful and always had a smile on their face ,the rooms delightful and sea views amazing,the food and service excellent.we couldn’t fault a thing.
The perfect holiday thank you

Room Tip: The rooms are very clean air conditioned,with excellent sea views
Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Chris,

It is so lovely to read this fantastic review, and always a pleasure to have you staying with us!

It is such an enormous compliment to us that you thorougly enjoyed your second time at the Odyssey, and that you look forward to many more holidays here!

Thank you very much for your possitive comments about the staff, the rooms, the sea views and the food.

I would like to extend my most sincere thanks for your support and your kindness towards our team.

I very much look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Warm regards from us all,

Reviewed July 26, 2018

Fabulous place in the sun, with wonderful view and lovely staff . The rooms are of the highest standard with different themes and decor , curtains controlled from the bedside and air conditioning.
The food is Greek with great choice ,and dining by the pool .
The sort of hotel you return to year after year

Room Tip: Get a room on the upper floor
Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear John,

It is such an enormous compliment to us that you return year after year - and for us definately like welcoming an old friend.

Thank you very much for your lovely review!

I very much look forward to welcoming you home again soon!

Efharisto!