“Lovely Hotel , great situation,views to die for”
Review of Odyssey Hotel

Odyssey Hotel
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Agia Efimia
Reviewed August 6, 2014

Beautiful hotel, lovely staff, great massage/beauty therapy staff and facilities (should be marketed more in rooms). Rooms are really top notch, lovely setting looking out over the bay. Food is fine but could be better. Staff, both Management and service are superb, helpful and friendly. Great base to travel around the island and just lovely to come back to at night, both the hotel and village. Great choice of restaurants to eat at in the evening around the marina and very reasonable indeed, food is fantastic in general. Pool area at the hotel is really lovely and not over crowded. I recon this is the best hotel in the village by far. The whole experience has been delightful with not a McDonalds or Irish bar in sight.

Room Tip: All rooms are similar and fabulous I guess 2nd floor may be slightly better , but there is not much...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank astons

Reviewed August 2, 2014

This hotel is in a lovely village in a superb situation, this was our third visit and we love it. The family runs the hotel in a friendly but efficient way and they really go the extra mile to ensure their guests are happy and have a great time and they deserve every success and all the superlatives heaped upon them. Bedrooms are very well appointed and spotlessly clean with the best view. The food was delicious - both breakfast and dinner and the service is excellent. I really can't say enough good things about this hotel, just wish I were still there!

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank cookie55555
Reviewed July 28, 2014

Having stayed at the Odyssey hotel on the third week of July, I can say that this is one of the best places I have stayed in the mediterrenean region. After I was accomodated by very helpful managers in my booking via email this spring, my driver for the transfer from Kefalonia airport to Agia Efimia awaited me as planned when I landed. I was welcomed by extremely friendly staff to this beautifully quiet and charming hotel, of which I particularly appreciated the cleanliness, upkeep and up-to-date equipement. The room was airy and spacious, with a breath-taking view of the sea. Service was irreprocheable; there was always someone to provide to any request in a speedy manner. The food (breakfast and dinner in half-board) was varied and delicious. Additionally, the staff were eager to cater to specific dietary restrictions. Finally, the situation of the Odyssey hotel, a 5 min. walk from the town in one direction and from the beaches in the other, is simply ideal. All in all, my stay at the odyssey hotel made for a truly amazing week; I shall be returning as soon as possible.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank JBB14
Reviewed July 26, 2014

We stayed here in the first two weeks of July on a b & b basis. There are many, many positives with the top one undoubtedly being the spectacular views. The hotel is well-designed with the rooms comfortable and spacious. Every room has a balcony overlooking the sea. As has been mentioned by many reviewers, the staff are wonderful. Catherine was immensely helpful both before the stay as I had particular room requirements, and during the stay in advising us on places to go on the island. All the rest of the staff are great- helpful, friendly and efficient. There is free wifi which is nice bonus. The swimming pool is excellent and we used it a lot. There was one major disappointment at this hotel and it was the food. The breakfast is adequate at best - actually it borders on poor when judged against every other comparable continental European hotel I have stayed at. The owners really do need to do something about that as I am sure it loses them return customers (us included). My suggestions include more fruit choice, a toaster so that people can make their own bread, better natural fruit juices, hot rather than cold eggs etc. We ate dinner a few times at the restaurant - overall a much higher standard than the breakfast but not excellent. The hotel are doing a lot of things right and have a number of return visitors each year, which creates other issues as the rooms available to first time visitors become restricted. There is a Greek night with live music every Wednesday, which is not my thing but other guests seemed to enjoy it. Overall this is an excellent hotel if you want complete rest and relaxation (which I did so it worked very well) and if you are prepared to look beyond the food limitations which we were able to do on a b and b basis.

Room Tip: All rooms are good. If you want even more peace chose a room on a high floor away from the swimming...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank HOP_8
ODYSSEYHOTEL, General Manager at Odyssey Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2014

Thank you and your father for your two separate Trip Advisor reviews and for your lovely photo under your title “Breakfast with a View”.
We are very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay at the Odyssey!
As for your comments about food, we are, indeed, very confused. Although you have booked on a Bed & Breakfast basis you were happy to go for the 5-courses half-board menu which included fish as a main course at a price of EUR 15,00 per person for 5 nights ! We remember well your compliments for the sautéed sole fish with vegetables you and your father had after your second dinner here. We had no reason to think that you were not happy with the food as you had 5 x evening meals and a lunch here, although you have booked on a Bed & Breakfast basis. We are also confused by your contradictive comments “..the owners really need to do something about the food as I am sure it loses them return customers” but few lines afterwards you mention “ the hotel are doing a lot of things right and have a number of return visitors each year, which creates other issues as the rooms available to first time visitors become restricted” . Limited availability is a proof that all services provided by the hotel meet the expectations of residents and the food cannot be an exception.
You have other 3 reviews on Trip Advisor about Agia Efimia. It seems you have visited most of the local taverns for lunch or dinner, but, strangely, you were never really happy with the food as your reviews were all average or poor.
Although breakfast here is a buffet breakfast, eggs are never cold because guests can now place their order on their waitress and receive fried eggs, scrambled eggs, omelet and bacon on request. Guests can also have for breakfast a variety of things on the buffet including 3 types of homemade bread. It is a complete breakfast and, like you said, it’s “A breakfast with A View”…

Reviewed July 24, 2014

I'm currently sitting poolside looking at the beautiful view and sipping on a cool drink which has been brought to me by the lovely waitress! This place truly is a heaven on earth- the rooms are so gorgeous, the bed is humungous and it is so obvious that everything is done with love. This is my third year here and having been to Greece every year for the last 20 years I can say with experience that this really is perfect for the 5* Greek experience - and my family and I wouldn't want to go anywhere else now we've seen the Odyssey. Thank you to all the staff who are making this trip so wonderful- you do yourselves proud every year! As for the comments about food, we are very confused. We eat here regularly and are enjoying the 5 course dinners tremendously. The food has been really really good and compliments the high standard of everything else. Don't make me leave!!

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank ElaineDixon1991
Reviewed July 23, 2014

I agree with many of the positives about this hotel. It is in a lovely position the rooms are large and the bed comfortable and enormous. Catherine, George and indeed, all of the staff, were helpful and friendly. It has a good pool and everywhere is spotless. However, the food really is not good. we have spent many holidays in Greece and understand that you can't compare it to a four star hotel elsewhere but the standard was very disappointing.
Breakfast was adequate except for the bread, only toast available and that was sliced white and floppy (not sure how they managed that) We wanted B&B but were told it had to be half board. They say it is 5 courses but it is actually 5 dishes, 3 'appetizers' 1 main and 1 sweet. None of it particularly good. We gave up after three days and went into the village where there are many good restaurants.
Once everyone has had dinner the place is empty. The only lounge area is on a different floor to the only bar that is open. You get the feeling that they don't want people there after dinner. Having said all this I would repeat that the owners and staff are very helpful and it is a lovely hotel but I can't say that I would go back.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are very good and have a wide sea view.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank CarmenCornwall
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Stopped here on our sailing holiday and took a break from the sea by having lunch and using the pool. Great views, very clean. Lunch was lovely and similarly priced to local tavernas. Well worth stoping here to cool off if you're in town.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
White Rocks Hotel & Bungalows
White Rocks Hotel & Bungalows
#1 of 1 in Platis Gialos
Dionysos Village Resort

Been to Odyssey Hotel? Share your experiences!